1. Dean Smith is very measured and laid back, whereas O'Kelly, 62, is full of energy and keen to keep the players on their toes.
|FactSnippet No. 841,401|
6. Dean Smith joined John McGinn in singing the praises of Tammy Abraham on the final whistle and, wow, does he deserve it.
|FactSnippet No. 802,623|
7. Dean Smith faces the media on the busiest and perhaps most important day of his Aston Villa career so far.
|FactSnippet No. 802,622|
8. Dean Smith said: "We've got a Premier League player in Tammy Abraham playing up front for us.
|FactSnippet No. 802,621|
9. Dean Smith opposed the Vietnam War and, in the early 1980s, famously recorded radio spots to promote a freeze on nuclear weapons.
|FactSnippet No. 802,619 - en.wikipedia.org|
13. Dean Smith missed both free throws, but Georgetown had no timeouts left.
|FactSnippet No. 802,610 - en.wikipedia.org|
14. Dean Smith is a former newspaper reporter and columnist, served as a Director of Publications for Arizona State University for more than 25 years.
|FactSnippet No. 139,024|
15. Dean Smith has been appointed head coach of his boyhood club, Aston Villa.
|FactSnippet No. 139,022|
16. From that moment on, Dean Smith became an advocate for Black players and students.
|FactSnippet No. 139,017|
20. Dean Smith would pass lessons learned in Kansas along at North Carolina, adding more than a few of his own.
|FactSnippet No. 139,008|
24. Dean Smith coached the United States to Olympic basketball gold in 1976, aided by four of his own Tar Heel players.
|FactSnippet No. 139,002|
29. Dean Smith had been suffering since at least 2007 from dementia—a struggling chronicled in a 2014 ESPN profile by Tommy Tomlinson.
|FactSnippet No. 138,986|
31. Dean Smith took over at North Carolina in 1961 and amassed one of the most impressive coaching resumes in sports.
|FactSnippet No. 138,983|
32. Dean Smith was accompanying Cramsey to document the rescue with photos or videos, according to Facebook posts that the two exchanged shortly before the arrest.
|FactSnippet No. 138,982|
43. Dean Smith came to North Carolina as assistant basketball coach in 1958.
|FactSnippet No. 138,963|
47. Aston Villa manager Dean Smith is settling into his new role now and he will be.
|FactSnippet No. 138,955|
48. Aston Villa boss Dean Smith has told his players that they need to be prepared to adapt to the different challenges that the Championship offers.
|FactSnippet No. 138,952|
49. Dean Smith sends out warning to his Aston Villa players.
|FactSnippet No. 138,951|
51. Dean Smith said he was struck by the openness and ease with which Waterville embraced its immigrants.
|FactSnippet No. 138,947|
52. Dean Smith spoke Thursday of the rich history of the opera house, noting that in 1907, the orator and statesman William Jennings Bryan stood on the stage to address a crowd.
|FactSnippet No. 138,946|
56. Dean Smith has stressed the importance of Aston Villa having a flexible gameplan after warning his team face a 'totally different' kind of challenge in next weekend's Second City derby with Blues.
|FactSnippet No. 138,928|
58. Dean Smith was featured in an ad that ran in newspapers across North Carolina and was featured in an Associated Press article.
|FactSnippet No. 138,926 - en.wikipedia.org|
59. In 2006, Dean Smith became the spokesperson for Devout Democrats, an inter-faith, grassroots political action committee designed to convince religious Americans to vote for Democrats.
|FactSnippet No. 138,925 - en.wikipedia.org|
60. In 1965, Dean Smith helped Howard Lee, a black graduate student at North Carolina, purchase a home in an all-white neighborhood.
|FactSnippet No. 138,924 - en.wikipedia.org|
61. In 1964, Dean Smith joined a local pastor and a black North Carolina theology student to integrate The Pines, a Chapel Hill restaurant.
|FactSnippet No. 138,923 - en.wikipedia.org|
62. Dean Smith was one of the most prominent Democrats in North Carolina politics.
|FactSnippet No. 138,922 - en.wikipedia.org|
66. Dean Smith was inducted into the Basketball Hall of Fame on May 2, 1983, two years after being enshrined in the North Carolina Sports Hall of Fame.
|FactSnippet No. 138,917 - en.wikipedia.org|
68. Dean Smith married Ann Cleavinger in 1954, shortly before his deployment overseas with the United States Air Force.
|FactSnippet No. 138,915 - en.wikipedia.org|
69. Dean Smith took a picture of the scoreboard from the 1982 Championship, modified it to read 1993 and erased the name Georgetown, leaving that space blank.
|FactSnippet No. 138,914 - en.wikipedia.org|
74. Dean Smith served under McGuire for three years until 1961, when McGuire was forced to resign by Chancellor William Aycock in the wake of a major recruiting scandal, and consequently, an NCAA mandated probation.
|FactSnippet No. 138,906 - en.wikipedia.org|
78. Dean Smith coached and worked with numerous people at North Carolina who achieved notable success in basketball, as players, coaches, or both.
|FactSnippet No. 138,901 - en.wikipedia.org|
80. Dean Smith played college basketball at the University of Kansas, where he won a national championship in 1952 playing for Hall of fame coach Phog Allen.
|FactSnippet No. 138,899 - en.wikipedia.org|
82. Dean Smith coached from 1961 to 1997 and retired with 879 victories, which was the NCAA Division I men's basketball record at that time.
|FactSnippet No. 138,897 - en.wikipedia.org|