1. In July 2017, Google Play described a new security effort called "peer grouping", in which apps performing similar functionalities, such as calculator apps, are grouped together and attributes compared.
FactSnippet No. 403,905 - en.wikipedia.org
2. In March 2013, Google Play began to pull ad blocking apps from the Play Store, per section 4.4 of the developers' agreement, which prohibits apps that interfere with servers and services.
FactSnippet No. 403,904 - en.wikipedia.org
3. In May 2011, Google Play banned the account of the developer of several video game emulators.
FactSnippet No. 403,903 - en.wikipedia.org
4. In October 2016, Google Play announced a new detection and filtering system designed to provide "additional enhancements to protect the integrity of the store".
FactSnippet No. 403,902 - en.wikipedia.org
5. In June 2017, Google Play introduced "Android Excellence", a new editorial program to highlight the apps deemed the highest quality by the Google Play editors.
FactSnippet No. 403,901 - en.wikipedia.org
6. One of those components, Google Play Services, is a closed-source system-level process providing APIs for Google services, installed automatically on nearly all devices running Android 2.2 "Froyo" and higher.
FactSnippet No. 403,899 - en.wikipedia.org
7. In 2012, Google Play began decoupling certain aspects of its Android operating system so they could be updated through the Google Play store independently of the OS.
FactSnippet No. 403,898 - en.wikipedia.org
8. In March 2018, Google Play experimented by changing the format of the screenshots used for the App pages from the WebP format to PNG but reverted the change after it caused the images to load slower.
FactSnippet No. 403,892 - en.wikipedia.org
9. In May 2017, Google Play removed the shopping bag from the Google Play icon, with only the triangle and associated colors remaining.
FactSnippet No. 403,891 - en.wikipedia.org
10. In February 2011, Google Play introduced a website interface for then-named Android Market that provides access through a computer.
FactSnippet No. 403,889 - en.wikipedia.org
11. In July 2017, Google Play expanded its "Editors' Choice" section to feature curated lists of apps deemed to provide good Android experiences within overall themes, such as fitness, video calling and puzzle games.
FactSnippet No. 403,888 - en.wikipedia.org
12. In March 2017, Google Play added a "Free App of the Week" section, offering one normally-paid app for free.
FactSnippet No. 403,887 - en.wikipedia.org
13. In November 2011, Google Play announced Google Play Music, a section of the Play Store offering music purchases.