|FactSnippet No. 590,485|
49 Facts About Jim DeMint
2. In 2017, Jim DeMint founded the Conservative Partnership Institute, of which he serves as chairman.
|FactSnippet No. 590,480 - en.wikipedia.org|
3. In June 2017, Jim DeMint became a senior advisor to Citizens for Self-Governance, a group which is seeking to call a convention to propose amendments to the United States Constitution in order to reduce federal government spending and power.
|FactSnippet No. 590,479 - en.wikipedia.org|
19. Jim DeMint has expressed concern about various United Nations treaties, such as the Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities and the Law of the Sea Treaty.
|FactSnippet No. 590,462 - en.wikipedia.org|
20. Jim DeMint favored preventing Iran from developing nuclear weapons over a policy of containment after their development.
|FactSnippet No. 590,461 - en.wikipedia.org|
23. In late 2009, Jim DeMint criticized Barack Obama for waiting eight months into his first term as president before nominating a new head of the Transportation Security Administration.
|FactSnippet No. 590,457 - en.wikipedia.org|
24. Jim DeMint supported the new government, while the Obama administration favored Zelaya's return to the presidency.
|FactSnippet No. 590,456 - en.wikipedia.org|
31. Jim DeMint is a member of the Republican Party and is aligned with the Tea Party movement.
|FactSnippet No. 590,449 - en.wikipedia.org|
34. In 2008, Jim DeMint formed the Senate Conservatives Fund, a political action committee with the intention of supporting conservative candidates that may have otherwise been overlooked by the national party.
|FactSnippet No. 590,445 - en.wikipedia.org|
36. Jim DeMint provided a crucial swing vote on a free trade bill regarding Caribbean countries.
|FactSnippet No. 590,442 - en.wikipedia.org|
42. In 1998, Inglis ran for the US Senate, and Jim DeMint left his firm to run for Inglis' old seat.
|FactSnippet No. 590,435 - en.wikipedia.org|
45. Jim DeMint was born in Greenville, South Carolina, one of four children.
|FactSnippet No. 590,431 - en.wikipedia.org|
46. In June 2017, Jim DeMint became a senior advisor to Citizens for Self-Governance, an organization that supports a convention to propose amendments to the United States Constitution for the purpose of reducing federal government spending and power.
|FactSnippet No. 590,430 - en.wikipedia.org|
48. Jim DeMint previously served as the United States Representative for from 1999 to 2005.
|FactSnippet No. 590,428 - en.wikipedia.org|
49. Jim DeMint is a member of the Republican Party and a leading figure in the Tea Party movement.
|FactSnippet No. 590,427 - en.wikipedia.org|