1. John Williams received the AFI Life Achievement Award in June 2016, becoming the first composer to receive the award.
|FactSnippet No. 375,593 - en.wikipedia.org|
3. John Williams was made an honorary brother of Kappa Kappa Psi at Boston University in the late 1980s.
|FactSnippet No. 375,590 - en.wikipedia.org|
4. In 2009, John Williams received the National Medal of Arts in the White House in Washington, DC for his achievements in symphonic music for films, and "as a pre-eminent composer and conductor [whose] scores have defined and inspired modern movie-going for decades.
|FactSnippet No. 375,589 - en.wikipedia.org|
10. In 1985, John Williams was commissioned by NBC to compose a television news music package for various network news spots.
|FactSnippet No. 375,578 - en.wikipedia.org|
11. John Williams is the Pops' Laureate Conductor, thus maintaining his affiliation with its parent, the Boston Symphony Orchestra.
|FactSnippet No. 375,577 - en.wikipedia.org|
13. John Williams is currently attached to score the fifth Indiana Jones film.
|FactSnippet No. 375,575 - en.wikipedia.org|
15. In March 2017, John Williams scored the animated short film Dear Basketball directed by Glen Keane and based on a poem by Kobe Bryant.
|FactSnippet No. 375,573 - en.wikipedia.org|
16. In February 2013, John Williams expressed his interest in working in the Star Wars sequel trilogy, stating: "Now we're hearing of a new set of movies coming in 2015, 2016.
|FactSnippet No. 375,571 - en.wikipedia.org|
17. In 2012, John Williams scored Spielberg's film Lincoln and subsequently received his 48th Academy Award nomination.
|FactSnippet No. 375,570 - en.wikipedia.org|
18. John Williams won an Annie Award for his score for The Adventures of Tintin in 2012.
|FactSnippet No. 375,569 - en.wikipedia.org|
24. John Williams scored the 1972 film The Cowboys, a western starring John Wayne and directed by Mark Rydell.
|FactSnippet No. 375,562 - en.wikipedia.org|