1. Louis XIV is a member of the House of Bourbon, a branch of the Capetian dynasty and of the Robertians.
|FactSnippet No. 399,426 - en.wikipedia.org|
10. Louis XIV used court ritual and the arts to validate and augment his control over France.
|FactSnippet No. 399,413 - en.wikipedia.org|
13. Louis XIV established the Paris Foreign Missions Society, but his informal alliance with the Ottoman Empire was criticised for undermining Christendom.
|FactSnippet No. 399,409 - en.wikipedia.org|
21. Louis XIV sailed for England with troops despite Louis' warning that France would regard it as a provocation.
|FactSnippet No. 399,400 - en.wikipedia.org|
22. Louis XIV sought Strasbourg, an important strategic crossing on the left bank of the Rhine and theretofore a Free Imperial City of the Holy Roman Empire, annexing it and other territories in 1681.
|FactSnippet No. 399,395 - en.wikipedia.org|
27. Louis XIV invited manufacturers and artisans from all over Europe to France, such as Murano glassmakers, Swedish ironworkers, and Dutch shipbuilders.
|FactSnippet No. 399,389 - en.wikipedia.org|
29. Louis XIV sought to eliminate the remnants of feudalism persisting in parts of France and, by compelling many members of the nobility to inhabit his lavish Palace of Versailles, succeeded in pacifying the aristocracy, many members of which had participated in the Fronde rebellion during Louis' minority.
|FactSnippet No. 399,384 - en.wikipedia.org|