1. In contrast, Mississippi State had the 17th-highest average SAT scores in the nation.
6 Facts About Mississippi State
3. In 2012, Mississippi State had the sixth largest gambling revenue of any state, with $2.25 billion.
4. In 2011, Mississippi State had the fewest dentists in the United States.
5. On January 9, 1861, Mississippi State became the second state to declare its secession from the Union, and it was one of the founding members of the Confederate States.
6. On December 10, 1817, Mississippi State was the 20th state admitted to the Union.