1. Phil Jackson decided to delay his surgery until after the playoffs.
|FactSnippet No. 484,367 - en.wikipedia.org|
2. Phil Jackson told the Lakers players in May 2011, when they were involved in a second-round playoff series against the Mavericks.
|FactSnippet No. 484,366 - en.wikipedia.org|
4. Phil Jackson dated Jeanie Buss, the daughter of Lakers owner Jerry Buss, whom he met in 1999.
|FactSnippet No. 484,363 - en.wikipedia.org|
6. Phil Jackson has had a winning record every year as a head coach, and currently has the highest winning percentage of any Hall of Fame coach, and further the highest of any NBA coach coaching 500 games or more.
|FactSnippet No. 484,361 - en.wikipedia.org|
7. Phil Jackson is a recipient of the state of North Dakota's Roughrider Award.
|FactSnippet No. 484,360 - en.wikipedia.org|
8. In 2014, Phil Jackson was in discussions for months with the New York Knicks regarding an executive position with the team.
|FactSnippet No. 484,358 - en.wikipedia.org|
12. Phil Jackson was the fastest to win 1,000 games, surpassing Pat Riley, who had taken 11 more games than Jackson.
|FactSnippet No. 484,354 - en.wikipedia.org|
13. On December 25, 2008, Phil Jackson became the sixth coach to win 1,000 games, with the Lakers defeating the Celtics in their first matchup since the last year's finals.
|FactSnippet No. 484,353 - en.wikipedia.org|
14. On January 7, 2007, Phil Jackson won his 900th game, then placing him 9th on the all-time win list for NBA coaches.
|FactSnippet No. 484,352 - en.wikipedia.org|
16. Phil Jackson had a contract offer outstanding from the Lakers, but he had not acted on it.
|FactSnippet No. 484,349 - en.wikipedia.org|
17. Phil Jackson took over a talented Lakers team and immediately produced results as he did in Chicago.
|FactSnippet No. 484,348 - en.wikipedia.org|
18. In 1987, Phil Jackson was hired as an assistant coach by the Chicago Bulls under Doug Collins.
|FactSnippet No. 484,346 - en.wikipedia.org|
19. Phil Jackson regularly sought NBA jobs, but was turned down.
|FactSnippet No. 484,345 - en.wikipedia.org|
20. Phil Jackson was a top reserve on the Knicks team that won the NBA title in 1973.
|FactSnippet No. 484,344 - en.wikipedia.org|
21. Phil Jackson eventually established himself as a fan favorite and one of the NBA's leading substitutes, although he had very little playing time.
|FactSnippet No. 484,343 - en.wikipedia.org|
22. In 1967, Phil Jackson was drafted in the second round by the New York Knicks.
|FactSnippet No. 484,342 - en.wikipedia.org|
23. Phil Jackson attended high school in Williston, North Dakota, where he played varsity basketball and led the team to two state titles.
|FactSnippet No. 484,341 - en.wikipedia.org|
28. Phil Jackson is known for his use of Tex Winter's triangle offense as well as a holistic approach to coaching that was influenced by Eastern philosophy, garnering him the nickname "Zen Master".
|FactSnippet No. 484,335 - en.wikipedia.org|
29. Phil Jackson holds the NBA record for the most combined championships.
|FactSnippet No. 484,334 - en.wikipedia.org|
30. In total, Phil Jackson has won 11 NBA titles as a coach, surpassing the previous record of nine set by Red Auerbach.
|FactSnippet No. 484,333 - en.wikipedia.org|