1. Pope Pius X was more conciliatory toward the Italian government, relaxing the church's strictures on participation by Roman Catholics in political life.
|FactSnippet No. 798,594|
2. The Pope Pius X avoided long ceremonies, canonizations and consistories and displayed hesitancy in personnel matters.
|FactSnippet No. 798,593 - en.wikipedia.org|
5. Pope Pius X had uneasy relations with Germany, Austria, and the United States for the same reasons.
|FactSnippet No. 798,589|
12. Pope Pius X suspended the Opera dei Congressi, which coordinated the work of Catholic associations in Italy, as well as condemning Le Sillon, a French social movement that tried to reconcile the church with liberal political views.
|FactSnippet No. 798,576 - en.wikipedia.org|
18. The Pope Pius X announced a return to earlier musical styles, championed by Lorenzo Perosi.
|FactSnippet No. 798,569 - en.wikipedia.org|
24. Pope Pius X became popular with the people when he worked to assist the sick during the cholera plague that swept into northern Italy in the early 1870s.
|FactSnippet No. 798,561 - en.wikipedia.org|
27. Pope Pius X advanced the Liturgical Movement as the only Pope to favor the use of the vernacular language in teaching catechesis, he encouraged the frequent reception of holy communion, and he lowered the age for First Communion, which became a lasting innovation of his papacy.
|FactSnippet No. 798,558 - en.wikipedia.org|