1. Secretariat of Rajya Sabha was set up pursuant to the provisions contained in Article 98 of the Constitution.
8 Facts About Rajya Sabha
2. Hence, Rajya Sabha is granted powers that protect the rights of States against the Union.
3. In Indian federal structure, Rajya Sabha is a representative of the States in the Union legislature.
4. Lok Rajya Sabha can reject all the recommendations of Rajya Rajya Sabha or can accept some or all of the recommendations.
5. Hence, Rajya Sabha can only give recommendations for a money bill but Rajya Sabha cannot amend a money bill this is to ensure that Rajya Sabha must not add any non money matters in money bill.
6. The Rajya Sabha held its first sitting on 13 May 1952.
7. The Rajya Sabha has equal footing in all areas of legislation with Lok Sabha, except in the area of supply, where the Lok Sabha has overriding powers.
8. Rajya Sabha meets in continuous sessions, and unlike the Lok Sabha, the lower house of Parliament, is not subject to dissolution.