1. In 2005, Ariel Sharon broke with the Likud Party to form a new centrist political group, known as the Kadima Party.
|FactSnippet No. 590,385|
2. Ariel Sharon authorized the construction of protective barriers in certain areas, including the West Bank.
|FactSnippet No. 590,384|
7. Ariel Sharon led an infantry company and was wounded in the famed battle for Latrun, a fortress on the road to Jerusalem.
|FactSnippet No. 590,379|
19. Ariel Sharon is a small city with a university, but since it is 10 miles from the Green Line, the Palestinians and their supporters say it must be abandoned to create a contiguous state alongside Israel.
|FactSnippet No. 590,355|
34. Ariel Sharon criticised the NATO bombing of Yugoslavia in 1999 as an act of "brutal interventionism".
|FactSnippet No. 590,338 - en.wikipedia.org|
37. Ariel Sharon promised that the relationship between Israel and South Africa would continue to deepen as they work to "ensure the National Defense of both our countries".
|FactSnippet No. 590,335 - en.wikipedia.org|
38. Ariel Sharon doubled the number of Jewish settlements on the West Bank and Gaza Strip during his tenure.
|FactSnippet No. 590,334 - en.wikipedia.org|
40. Ariel Sharon planned his return to politics for the 1977 elections; first, he tried to return to the Likud and replace Menachem Begin at the head of the party.
|FactSnippet No. 590,332 - en.wikipedia.org|
43. Ariel Sharon sent his lightly armed paratroopers against dug-in Egyptians supported by aircraft, tanks and heavy artillery.
|FactSnippet No. 590,327 - en.wikipedia.org|
45. Ariel Sharon commanded Unit 202 during the 1956 Suez War (the British "Operation Musketeer"), leading the troop to take the ground east of the Sinai's Mitla Pass and eventually the pass itself against the advice of superiors, suffering heavy Israeli casualties in the process.
|FactSnippet No. 590,323 - en.wikipedia.org|