Auto Union AG, was an amalgamation of four German automobile manufacturers, founded in 1932 and established in 1936 in Chemnitz, Saxony.
|FactSnippet No. 871,092|
Auto Union racing cars types A to D were built as Grand Prix racing cars from 1934 to 1939.
|FactSnippet No. 871,093|
Auto Union was crowned European Champion, and took the European Mountain Championship.
|FactSnippet No. 871,094|
Auto Union became an important supplier of vehicles to Germany's armed forces.
|FactSnippet No. 871,095|
Production of Junkers aircraft engine under license, Auto Union founded in 1935 the subsidiary "Mitteldeutsche Motorenwerke" at Taucha, northeast of Leipzig.
|FactSnippet No. 871,096|
Postwar, the Saxon plants of Auto Union were located in the Soviet-occupied zone of communist East Germany.
|FactSnippet No. 871,097|
Auto Union therefore continued DKW's tradition of producing affordable front-wheel drive vehicles with two-stroke engines.
|FactSnippet No. 871,098|
In 1969, Auto Union merged with NSU Motorenwerke AG, based in Neckarsulm, near Stuttgart.
|FactSnippet No. 871,099|
Rumors began to appear in the press the name Auto Union would be revived for the new group holding company.
|FactSnippet No. 871,100|
Auto Union was tributed at the 1999 Monterey Historic Automobile Races.
|FactSnippet No. 871,101|