1. Brentford developed around the ancient boundary between the parishes of Ealing and Hanwell.
5 Facts About Brentford
2. Brentford is the first point on the tidal portion of the River Thames which was easily fordable by foot.
3. Old Brentford is recorded as Old Braynford in 1476 and was previously known as Estbraynford.
4. New Brentford is recorded as Newe Braynford in 1521 and was previously known as Westbraynford.
5. Brentford is a town in western Greater London, England, the contested county town of Middlesex and part of the London Borough of Hounslow.