1. Cristiano Ronaldo began his senior career with Sporting CP, before signing with Manchester United in 2003, aged 18, winning the FA Cup in his first season.
|FactSnippet No. 114,657 - en.wikipedia.org|
2. Cristiano Ronaldo won back-to-back Ballons d'Or in 2013 and 2014, and again in 2016 and 2017, and was runner-up three times behind Lionel Messi, his perceived career rival.
|FactSnippet No. 114,658 - en.wikipedia.org|
6. One of the world's most marketable and famous athletes, Cristiano Ronaldo was ranked the world's highest-paid athlete by Forbes in 2016 and 2017 and the world's most famous athlete by ESPN from 2016 to 2019.
|FactSnippet No. 114,662 - en.wikipedia.org|
11. Cristiano Ronaldo was named runner-up to Kaka for the 2007 Ballon d'Or, and came third, behind Kaka and Lionel Messi, in the running for the 2007 FIFA World Player of the Year award.
|FactSnippet No. 114,667 - en.wikipedia.org|
13. At the close of 2008, Cristiano Ronaldo helped United win the 2008 FIFA Club World Cup in Japan, assisting the final-winning goal against Liga de Quito and winning the Silver Ball in the process.
|FactSnippet No. 114,669 - en.wikipedia.org|
15. Since club captain Raul already wore the number 7, Cristiano Ronaldo received the number 9 shirt, which was presented to him by former Madrid player Alfredo Di Stefano.
|FactSnippet No. 114,671 - en.wikipedia.org|
16. Cristiano Ronaldo scored in each of his first four league games, the first Madrid player to do so.
|FactSnippet No. 114,672 - en.wikipedia.org|
18. Cristiano Ronaldo finished as runner-up to Messi for the 2011 FIFA Ballon d'Or, after scoring hat-tricks against Real Zaragoza, Rayo Vallecano, Malaga, Osasuna and Sevilla, the last of which put Madrid on top of the league by the season's midway point.
|FactSnippet No. 114,674 - en.wikipedia.org|
19. Cristiano Ronaldo found greater team success in the league, helping Madrid win their first league title in four years with a record 100 points.
|FactSnippet No. 114,675 - en.wikipedia.org|
20. Cristiano Ronaldo helped Madrid reach the 2013 Copa del Rey Final by scoring twice in El Clasico, which marked the sixth successive match at Camp Nou in which he had scored, a club record.
|FactSnippet No. 114,676 - en.wikipedia.org|
24. In Portugal's infamously dirty round of 16 match against the Netherlands, Cristiano Ronaldo was forced off injured in the first half after a tackle from Dutch defender Khalid Boulahrouz.
|FactSnippet No. 114,680 - en.wikipedia.org|
26. One day after his 22nd birthday, Cristiano Ronaldo captained Portugal for the first time in a friendly game against Brazil on 6 February 2007, as requested by Portuguese Football Federation president Carlos Silva, who had died two days earlier.
|FactSnippet No. 114,682 - en.wikipedia.org|
28. At the start of the tournament, Cristiano Ronaldo failed to convert his chances in Portugal's draws against Iceland and Austria, despite taking 20 shots on goal.
|FactSnippet No. 114,684 - en.wikipedia.org|
34. At Real Madrid, Cristiano Ronaldo continued to play a more offensive role, while his creative and defensive duties became more limited, although not entirely diminished.
|FactSnippet No. 114,690 - en.wikipedia.org|
36. Some commentators choose to analyse the differing physiques and playing styles of the two, Part of the debate revolves around the contrasting personalities of the two players, as Cristiano Ronaldo is sometimes depicted as an arrogant and theatrical showoff, while Messi is portrayed as a shy, humble character.
|FactSnippet No. 114,692 - en.wikipedia.org|
42. In June 2010, during the build-up to the World Cup, Cristiano Ronaldo became the fourth footballer to be represented as a waxwork at Madame Tussauds London.
|FactSnippet No. 114,698 - en.wikipedia.org|
48. In June 2016, Cristiano Ronaldo donated the entirety of his €600,000 Champions League bonus after Real Madrid won the Champions League.
|FactSnippet No. 114,704 - en.wikipedia.org|