1. Sir David Attenborough might not like the term "national treasure" but there are few better ways to sum him up.
|FactSnippet No. 838,790|
6. In 1952 David Attenborough completed his training and began working for the television station as a producer, thus marking the beginning of what would be a milestone career, both at the BBC and far, far beyond it.
|FactSnippet No. 813,136|
8. In 1988, David Attenborough got an honorary Doctor of Science award from University of Oxford.
|FactSnippet No. 813,132|
12. David Attenborough was director of television programming of the BBC from 1968 to 1972, but he resigned to write and produce television series on a freelance basis.
|FactSnippet No. 813,126|
16. Sir David Attenborough lost his niece and grandniece in 2004 to the Thailand tsunami.
|FactSnippet No. 813,118|
19. Sir David Attenborough is returning to BBC One to present a new natural history series, exploring the seven "extraordinary" continents.
|FactSnippet No. 813,111|
21. David Attenborough added: 'Our Planet will take viewers on a spectacular journey of discovery showcasing the beauty and fragility of our natural world.
|FactSnippet No. 813,108|
24. In 2013, David Attenborough joined rock guitarists Brian May and Slash in opposing the government's policy on the cull of badgers in the UK by participating in a song dedicated to badgers.
|FactSnippet No. 813,105 - en.wikipedia.org|
25. David Attenborough expressed regret at some of the changes made to the BBC in the 1990s by its Director-General, John Birt, who introduced an internal market at the corporation, slimmed and even closed some departments and outsourced much of the corporation's output to private production companies, in line with the Broadcasting Act 1990.
|FactSnippet No. 813,104 - en.wikipedia.org|
26. David Attenborough is a lifelong supporter of the BBC, public service broadcasting and the television licence.
|FactSnippet No. 813,103 - en.wikipedia.org|
27. David Attenborough has joined the evolutionary biologist Richard Dawkins and other top scientists in signing a campaign statement co-ordinated by the British Humanist Association.
|FactSnippet No. 813,102 - en.wikipedia.org|
28. In 2002, David Attenborough joined an effort by leading clerics and scientists to oppose the inclusion of creationism in the curriculum of UK state-funded independent schools which receive private sponsorship, such as the Emmanuel Schools Foundation.
|FactSnippet No. 813,100 - en.wikipedia.org|
29. In 2018, David Attenborough said in an interview with the BBC's Newsnight, that slowing population growth is key to saving the planet.
|FactSnippet No. 813,097 - en.wikipedia.org|
35. In May 2005, David Attenborough was appointed as patron of the UK's Blood Pressure Association, which provides information and support to people with hypertension.
|FactSnippet No. 813,086 - en.wikipedia.org|
38. David Attenborough has narrated over 50 episodes of Natural World, BBC Two's flagship wildlife series.
|FactSnippet No. 813,081 - en.wikipedia.org|
39. David Attenborough narrated every episode of Wildlife on One, a BBC One wildlife series that ran for 253 episodes between 1977 and 2005.
|FactSnippet No. 813,080 - en.wikipedia.org|
41. David Attenborough presented a BBC children's series about cryptozoology entitled Fabulous Animals, which featured mythical creatures such as the griffin and kraken.
|FactSnippet No. 813,078 - en.wikipedia.org|
43. In 1969 David Attenborough was promoted to director of programmes, making him responsible for the output of both BBC channels.
|FactSnippet No. 813,075 - en.wikipedia.org|
44. David Attenborough became the controller of BBC Two in March 1965, but had a clause inserted in his contract that would allow him to continue making programmes on an occasional basis.
|FactSnippet No. 813,072 - en.wikipedia.org|
45. David Attenborough was educated at Wyggeston Grammar School for Boys in Leicester and then won a scholarship to Clare College, Cambridge in 1945, where he studied geology and zoology and obtained a degree in natural sciences.
|FactSnippet No. 813,070 - en.wikipedia.org|
49. David Attenborough is a former senior manager at the BBC, having served as controller of BBC Two and director of programming for BBC Television in the 1960s and 1970s.
|FactSnippet No. 813,065 - en.wikipedia.org|
50. David Attenborough is best known for writing and presenting, in conjunction with the BBC Natural History Unit, the nine natural history documentary series forming the Life collection that together constitute a comprehensive survey of animal and plant life on Earth.
|FactSnippet No. 813,064 - en.wikipedia.org|
52. Sir David Attenborough will voice a new Netflix nature documentary.
|FactSnippet No. 102,465|
55. David Attenborough talks alpha males, feminism—and new BBC documentary Dynasties.
|FactSnippet No. 102,462|
57. Sir David Attenborough said Our Planet would 'take viewers on a spectacular journey of discovery'.
|FactSnippet No. 76,703|
59. Sir David Attenborough will narrate a new Netflix documentary series that he says will take viewers on a "spectacular journey".
|FactSnippet No. 70,076|
60. Sir David Attenborough joins Netflix for new nature documentary series.
|FactSnippet No. 70,075|
62. Sir David Attenborough will narrate a new Netflix documentary series that he says will take viewers on a 'spectacular journey'.
|FactSnippet No. 70,073|
66. Sir David Attenborough is to narrate a documentary series for streaming service Netflix about "the beauty and fragility of our natural world".
|FactSnippet No. 70,065|
77. David Attenborough is worth the licence fee alone!" What is it? The British Broadcasting Corporation—otherwise known as the BBC, Auntie or The Be.
|FactSnippet No. 35,025|
86. David Attenborough was named the most trusted celebrity in the UK in a 2006 Reader's Digest poll, and in 2007 he won The Culture Show's Living Icon Award.
|FactSnippet No. 23,511 - en.wikipedia.org|
87. David Attenborough has been featured as the subject of a number of BBC television programmes.
|FactSnippet No. 23,510 - en.wikipedia.org|
95. Sir David Frederick David Attenborough is an English broadcaster and naturalist.
|FactSnippet No. 23,497 - en.wikipedia.org|
101. Sir David Attenborough hits out at BBC crew for saving some penguins while filming for new series Dynasties.
|FactSnippet No. 15,621|