1. Hans Zimmer lives in Los Angeles with his second wife Suzanne Zimmer, and has four children.
|FactSnippet No. 815,545|
2. Hans Zimmer won numerous awards for his work on The Lion King, including an Academy Award for Best Original Score, a Golden Globe, and two Grammys.
|FactSnippet No. 815,544|
3. In 2000, Hans Zimmer worked with DreamWorks and director Ridley Scott on the hit film Gladiator.
|FactSnippet No. 815,540|
5. Hans Zimmer had composed the score for a small budget film called A World Apart, which was about South Africa.
|FactSnippet No. 815,538|
7. Hans Zimmer composed the score for his second South African film, The Power of One, directed by John Avildsen in 1992.
|FactSnippet No. 815,534|
8. Hans Zimmer has placed his mark on films outside of Hollywood.
|FactSnippet No. 815,533|
9. Hans Zimmer has ventured into the light and emotional, penning the infectious score for Barry Levingson's Toys starring Robin Williams, and Muppet Treasure Island (1996).
|FactSnippet No. 815,532|
10. Hans Zimmer went solo with his haunting tribal anthems for an epic, groundbreaking film about the historic struggle in South Africa, A World Apart.
|FactSnippet No. 815,530|
14. In 2016, Hans Zimmer was one of the inaugural winners of the Stephen Hawking Medal for Science Communication.
|FactSnippet No. 815,524 - en.wikipedia.org|
15. In December 2010, Hans Zimmer received a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame.
|FactSnippet No. 815,523 - en.wikipedia.org|
17. In 2018, Hans Zimmer composed the score for the television intro of the 2018 FIFA World Cup in Russia, called "Living Football".
|FactSnippet No. 815,520 - en.wikipedia.org|
19. Hans Zimmer partnered with Junkie XL to compose the music for the 2016 film Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice.
|FactSnippet No. 815,517 - en.wikipedia.org|
25. Hans Zimmer succeeded in reversing the decision not to nominate The Dark Knight in December 2008, arguing that the process of creating a modern film score was collaborative and that it was important to credit a range of people who had played a part in its production.
|FactSnippet No. 815,507 - en.wikipedia.org|
26. In October 2000, Hans Zimmer performed live in concert for the first time with an orchestra and choir at the 27th Annual Flanders International Film Festival in Ghent.
|FactSnippet No. 815,503 - en.wikipedia.org|
28. Hans Zimmer composed the theme for the television boxing series The Contender and worked with Lorne Balfe on the music for Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2, which was his first video game project.
|FactSnippet No. 815,501 - en.wikipedia.org|
29. Hans Zimmer introduced Ofra Haza, an Israeli Yemenite singer, to the directors, and they thought she was so beautiful that they designed one of the characters in the film to look like her.
|FactSnippet No. 815,500 - en.wikipedia.org|
31. Hans Zimmer acted as score producer for the 1987 film The Last Emperor, which won the Academy Award for Best Original Score.
|FactSnippet No. 815,496 - en.wikipedia.org|
33. Hans Zimmer was named on the list of Top 100 Living Geniuses, published by The Daily Telegraph.
|FactSnippet No. 815,489 - en.wikipedia.org|