1. Ridley Scott paid tribute to his late brother Tony at the 2016 Golden Globes, after his film, The Martian, won Best Motion Picture—Musical or Comedy.
|FactSnippet No. 435,099 - en.wikipedia.org|
4. Ridley Scott admitted feeling "stunned and truly humbled" after the ceremony, saying, "As a boy growing up in South Shields, I could never have imagined that I would receive such a special recognition.
|FactSnippet No. 432,396 - en.wikipedia.org|
5. Ridley Scott received his accolade from Queen Elizabeth II at a investiture ceremony at Buckingham Palace on 8 July 2003.
|FactSnippet No. 432,395 - en.wikipedia.org|
10. Ridley Scott divides his time between homes in London, France, and Los Angeles.
|FactSnippet No. 432,389 - en.wikipedia.org|
15. In 2012, Ridley Scott produced the commercial for Lady Gaga's fragrance, "Fame.
|FactSnippet No. 432,381 - en.wikipedia.org|
29. Ridley Scott was originally assigned to design the second Doctor Who serial, The Daleks, which would have entailed realising the serial's eponymous alien creatures.
|FactSnippet No. 432,365 - en.wikipedia.org|
30. In February 1963 Ridley Scott was named in title credits as "Designer" for the BBC television programme Tonight, about the severe winter of 1963.
|FactSnippet No. 432,364 - en.wikipedia.org|
32. Ridley Scott studied at Grangefield Grammar School and West Hartlepool College of Art from 1954 to 1958, obtaining a diploma in design.
|FactSnippet No. 432,362 - en.wikipedia.org|