19 Facts About David Peralta
2. On May 25, 2015, David Peralta hit a walk-off home run in the tenth inning against the Diamondbacks, his seventh home run of the season.
3. On November 24, 2013, David Peralta signed a four-year contract worth $53 million with the St Louis Cardinals.
5. David Peralta was named to his first career All-Star Game as a replacement for Derek Jeter on July 8, 2011.
6. David Peralta hit his first inside-the-park home run on July 18, 2010, against Tigers pitcher Andy Oliver on a play in which outfielder Ryan Raburn crashed through the bullpen door attempting to catch the ball.
7. On March 10, 2006, David Peralta agreed to a five-year contract with an option for a sixth year to stay with the Indians until the 2011 season.
8. David Peralta became Cleveland's full-time starting shortstop early in 2005 and batted.
9. In 2002, David Peralta moved up to the Double-A Akron Aeros, where he hit.
10. David Peralta was the 2004 Indians Minor League Player of the Year as well as the International League Most Valuable Player for one of Cleveland's minor league affiliates, the Buffalo Bisons, after batting.
11. David Peralta was 26 years old when he broke into the big leagues on June 1, 2014, with the Arizona Diamondbacks.
13. David Peralta went 1-for-3 with a solo home run, a walk and two strikeouts in Wednesday's win over the Dodgers.
14. David Peralta is not in the lineup against the Cubs on Wednesday.
15. David Peralta is not in the lineup Sunday against the Padres.
16. David Peralta obviously turned out to be the best player of the group for 2018.
17. David Peralta was called up to the majors for the first time on June 1, 2014.
18. David Peralta started his career as a pitcher in the St Louis Cardinals organization, having signed with the team in 2004 for a $35,000 bonus.
19. David Peralta was born on August 14, 1987 in Valencia, Venezuela where he grew up with two sisters, Ivonne and Erika.