|FactSnippet No. 1,682,462|
12 Facts About Desilu Studios
Culver Studios was founded in 1918 by silent movie actor, director, and producer Thomas H Ince after he acquired land from real estate developer Harry Culver.
|FactSnippet No. 1,682,464|
In 1977, the studio was renamed Laird International Desilu Studios, which was a rental facility.
|FactSnippet No. 1,682,466|
GTG remodeled the studio and renamed the lot to The Culver Desilu Studios, which was acquired by Sony Pictures for $80 million in June 1991.
|FactSnippet No. 1,682,467|
In March 2014, the Culver Desilu Studios was purchased by another private investment group, Hackman Capital Partners.
|FactSnippet No. 1,682,468|
Culver Desilu Studios formerly had 13 sound stages, on-site offices, a screening theatre, fitness facility, medical services, and parking.
|FactSnippet No. 1,682,469|
Desilu Studios reoriented the existing stages and moved numerous office bungalows and production service buildings.
|FactSnippet No. 1,682,470|
RKO-Pathe Desilu Studios built two large stage facilities and several production service buildings.
|FactSnippet No. 1,682,471|
At the southern end of Culver Desilu Studios sat a collection of four bungalows, dating back to the 1920s and 1930s.
|FactSnippet No. 1,682,472|
Culver Desilu Studios helped spawn the career of numerous movie and television stars.
|FactSnippet No. 1,682,473|