1. George Soros has become an lightning rod for his political views and philanthropic efforts.
|FactSnippet No. 813,409|
6. George Soros was the Financial Times Person of the Year for 2018, with the FT describing him as a "a standard bearer for liberal democracy, an idea under siege from populists".
|FactSnippet No. 768,749 - en.wikipedia.org|
8. In January 2019, George Soros called Xi Jinping's China the most dangerous enemy of free societies, saying: "China is not the only authoritarian regime in the world but it is the wealthiest, strongest and technologically most advanced" and "present an unacceptable security risk for the rest of the world".
|FactSnippet No. 768,747 - en.wikipedia.org|
16. George Soros was dubbed "the man who broke the Bank of England".
|FactSnippet No. 768,735 - en.wikipedia.org|
30. George Soros worked at a number of Wall Street firms as a trader and analyst.
|FactSnippet No. 245,665|
31. George Soros was born in Budapest, Hungary, on Aug 12, 1930.
|FactSnippet No. 245,663|
38. In 1991 George Soros set up and financed the Central European University, with campuses in the early twenty-first century in Budapest, Prague, and Warsaw, to train graduate students in various subjects of the humanities in the hope that they would promote the practice of open society.
|FactSnippet No. 245,648|
40. George Soros believes the United States has justifiably pursued an open market policy thanks to its economic and political might.
|FactSnippet No. 245,645|
43. In 1992 George Soros founded Central European University, with its primary campus in Budapest and other campuses in Prague and Warsaw.
|FactSnippet No. 245,640|
46. George Soros left Soviet-controlled Communist Hungary in 1947 for London, where he attended the London School of Economics.
|FactSnippet No. 245,632|
47. George Soros was born in Budapest, Hungary, in 1930 and survived the Holocaust despite the German occupation of his country in the spring of 1944.
|FactSnippet No. 245,628|
60. George Soros is again seeking to influence the European Parliamentary elections.
|FactSnippet No. 245,598|
62. George Soros fined over naked short selling by Hong Kong.
|FactSnippet No. 245,592|
70. George Soros received honorary doctoral degrees from the New School for Social Research, the University of Oxford in 1980, the Corvinus University of Budapest, and Yale University in 1991.
|FactSnippet No. 245,569 - en.wikipedia.org|
74. George Soros has expressed concern about the growth of Chinese economic and political power, saying, "China has risen very rapidly by looking out for its own interests.
|FactSnippet No. 245,563 - en.wikipedia.org|
80. George Soros has become a magnet for such theories, with opponents claiming that he is behind such diverse events as the 2017 Women's March, the fact-checking website Snopes, the gun-control activism engaged in by the survivors of the Stoneman Douglas High School shooting, the October 2018 immigrant caravan, and the protests against then-Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh.
|FactSnippet No. 245,555 - en.wikipedia.org|
82. In November 2005, George Soros said: "My personal opinion is there's no alternative but to give Kosovo independence.
|FactSnippet No. 245,552 - en.wikipedia.org|
84. Since the fall of the Soviet Union, George Soros' funding has continued to play an important role in the former Soviet sphere.
|FactSnippet No. 245,548 - en.wikipedia.org|
89. George Soros had recognized the unfavorable position of the United Kingdom in the European Exchange Rate Mechanism.
|FactSnippet No. 245,542 - en.wikipedia.org|
98. George Soros began his business career by taking various jobs at merchant banks in England and then the United States, before starting his first hedge fund, Double Eagle, in 1969.
|FactSnippet No. 245,532 - en.wikipedia.org|