1. In 1999 Helmut Kohl was involved in a scandal arising from the collection of illegal campaign contributions.
|FactSnippet No. 596,828|
2. Helmut Kohl earned a doctorate in political science at the University of Heidelberg.
|FactSnippet No. 596,826|
5. Helmut Kohl worked to establish a good reputation for West Germany; he wanted the new nation to be seen as independent but trustworthy.
|FactSnippet No. 596,818|
10. Helmut Kohl was made chancellor of West Germany in 1982, when the ruling chancellor, Helmut Schmidt, was removed from office by a no-confidence vote.
|FactSnippet No. 596,812|
16. In 1976, Helmut Kohl entered national politics as a candidate for chancellor of Germany but lost to Social Democratic Party leader Helmut Schmidt.
|FactSnippet No. 596,801|
20. Helmut Kohl was interred in the Cathedral Chapter Cemetery in Speyer, directly adjacent to the Konrad Adenauer Park and a few hundred metres to the northwest of the Cathedral.
|FactSnippet No. 596,794 - en.wikipedia.org|
24. Helmut Kohl had a strained relationship with British Prime Minister and fellow conservative Margaret Thatcher, although Kohl did allow her secret access to his plans on reunification in March 1990, in order to allay the concerns she shared with Mitterrand.
|FactSnippet No. 596,783 - en.wikipedia.org|
25. Helmut Kohl was committed to European integration, maintaining close relations with the French President Francois Mitterrand.
|FactSnippet No. 596,782 - en.wikipedia.org|
26. Helmut Kohl published the book Aus Sorge um Europa outlining these criticisms of Merkel (while attacking his immediate successor Gerhard Schroder's Euro policy) and was widely quoted in the press as saying, "Die macht mir mein Europa kaputt" ("That woman is destroying my Europe").
|FactSnippet No. 596,780 - en.wikipedia.org|
30. In foreign politics, Helmut Kohl was more successful, for instance getting Frankfurt am Main as the seat for the European Central Bank.
|FactSnippet No. 596,776 - en.wikipedia.org|
31. On 18 May 1990, Helmut Kohl signed an economic and social union treaty with East Germany.
|FactSnippet No. 596,775 - en.wikipedia.org|
32. In 1987, Helmut Kohl hosted East German leader Erich Honecker—the first ever visit by an East German head of state to West Germany.
|FactSnippet No. 596,774 - en.wikipedia.org|
44. In 1951, Helmut Kohl switched to Heidelberg University, where he studied history and political science.
|FactSnippet No. 596,759 - en.wikipedia.org|