1. Joe Root defended the culture and ethos of the England team after sliding to defeat in the second Test against the West Indies, insisting that individuals were responsible for their own performances.
|FactSnippet No. 821,285|
8. Joe Root believes his side is "more than capable" of bouncing back from their dismal performance in Bridgetown and, just as Denly is in a prime position to make the most of the opportunity presented to him, Root expects Broad to make the most of his chance, should he play at North Sound.
|FactSnippet No. 784,924|
10. Joe Root admitted he missed a trick by leaving out Stuart Broad and playing two spinners in the first Test against West Indies.
|FactSnippet No. 767,318|
13. Joe Root has often been compared to Geoffrey Boycott and Michael Vaughan, two of Yorkshire's premium batsmen.
|FactSnippet No. 767,315|
14. On July 18, 2007, Joe Root made his Yorkshire 2nd Team debut against Derbyshire at Abbeydale Park.
|FactSnippet No. 767,314|
26. Joe Root became the first English captain to win a test series in Sri Lanka since 2001, thus ending a 17 streak.
|FactSnippet No. 767,291 - en.wikipedia.org|
32. Joe Root picked up a wicket in New Zealand's second innings as England won the match by 124 runs.
|FactSnippet No. 767,283 - en.wikipedia.org|
38. Joe Root was selected at number 6 for the first Test as Michael Carberry was given the opening batsman role alongside Alastair Cook.
|FactSnippet No. 767,277 - en.wikipedia.org|
42. Joe Root is the elder son of Helen and Matt Joe Root and grew up in Dore, near Sheffield.
|FactSnippet No. 767,272 - en.wikipedia.org|
47. Sri Lanka vs England: Joe Root reprimanded for showing dissent.
|FactSnippet No. 126,802|
53. Joe Root poses with stranded England fans before getting punished for dissent against Sri Lanka.
|FactSnippet No. 126,793|
55. Joe Root seized the moment with a perfectly-timed century in Kandy that put England in charge of an intriguing second Test against Sri Lanka.
|FactSnippet No. 126,791|
57. Joe Root will cherish his 15th Test century as one of his very best, but only if England's bowlers finish the job and seal a series win over Sri Lanka.
|FactSnippet No. 126,789|
59. Sri Lanka v England: Joe Root says Pallekele hundred could be his best.
|FactSnippet No. 126,783|
60. Joe Root struggled to sleep on the eve of England's series-clinching victory over Sri Lanka but it did not take him long to realise he could rest easy with his fast-evolving side.
|FactSnippet No. 126,782|
62. Joe Root targets World No 1 spot after England seal win in Sri Lanka.
|FactSnippet No. 126,780|
63. Joe Root targets No 1 Test ranking after England win series in Sri Lanka.
|FactSnippet No. 126,779|
64. Sri Lanka v England: Joe Root wants team to 'set the trend' in Tests.
|FactSnippet No. 126,778|
65. Sri Lanka v England: Joe Root pleased to practice what he preached.
|FactSnippet No. 126,776|
67. Joe Root has opted for an unchanged side in Kandy with Ben Stokes moving to three as part of a batting order reshuffle.
|FactSnippet No. 101,203|
69. Joe Root gives Ben Foakes the nod for second Test as England play waiting game over Jonny Bairstow's fitness.
|FactSnippet No. 101,199|
70. Joe Root says it would be "special" if England secured a Test series victory in Sri Lanka and their first away from home in almost three years.
|FactSnippet No. 101,197|
73. Joe Root says the balance of the England team for the second Sri Lanka Test is 'ideal' for the conditions they will face in Kandy.
|FactSnippet No. 101,191|
74. Joe Root shares hopes for England to be number one in world after Sri Lanka win.
|FactSnippet No. 76,418|
77. Joe Root admits England face selection dilemma after emphatic first Test win over Sri Lanka.
|FactSnippet No. 76,412|
78. Sri Lanka v England: Joe Root relishing fresh competition for places as England seal landmark win.
|FactSnippet No. 69,883|
86. Joe Root says England's first away Test win in over two years represents a "fantastic start", but he is keen to now secure more victories in Sri Lanka.
|FactSnippet No. 69,536|
87. Joe Root challenges England to build on first away Test win for two years against Sri Lanka.
|FactSnippet No. 69,534|
88. Joe Root tells England batsmen to 'stand up' in Sri Lanka.
|FactSnippet No. 58,125|
89. Sri Lanka v England: Joe Root says tourists need to be 'bolder'.
|FactSnippet No. 58,122|
90. Joe Root has urged his England players to show they can cope without Alastair Cook as the captain prepares for his first Test without the country's leading run-scorer.
|FactSnippet No. 58,121|
91. Joe Root wants England to be brave on Sri Lanka tour.
|FactSnippet No. 58,120|
92. Joe Root took over as captain from Alastair Cook in 2017 and has overseen 10 wins.
|FactSnippet No. 58,119|
93. Joe Root calls for England to be brave against Sri Lanka.
|FactSnippet No. 58,114|
94. Joe Root hoping England can prevent Rangana Herath from retiring on a high.
|FactSnippet No. 58,111|