1. Larry Holmes is an American former professional boxer who competed from 1973 to 2002.
|FactSnippet No. 809,815 - en.wikipedia.org|
5. In 1971, Larry Holmes was chosen as one of the sparring partners for Joe Frazier, who was training for his first fight with Muhammad Ali.
|FactSnippet No. 809,811|
9. In 1973 Larry Holmes went to work as a sparring partner for Muhammad Ali.
|FactSnippet No. 809,803|
11. In 1971 Larry Holmes was chosen as one of the sparring partners for Joe Frazier, who was training for his first fight with Muhammad Ali.
|FactSnippet No. 809,800|
12. In 1992, after beating opponent Ray Mercer, Larry Holmes advanced to the title bout with Evander Holyfield, who defeated him in a decision.
|FactSnippet No. 809,770|
13. Larry Holmes came out of retirement in 1986, only to lose a rematch to Michael Spinks.
|FactSnippet No. 809,769|
15. On October 2, 1980, Larry Holmes faced the celebrated Ali, who at age 38 was mounting a comeback.
|FactSnippet No. 809,767|
16. Larry Holmes defended the title 17 times between 1978 and 1983, defeating such formidable boxers as Earnie Shavers, Leon Spinks, and Gerry Cooney.
|FactSnippet No. 809,766|
17. Larry Holmes spent the early part of his professional career fighting under Butler, but he eventually split from his mentor and worked with a host of other trainers and managers, including Don King.
|FactSnippet No. 809,763|
34. Larry Holmes seemed to show signs of regret, or at least sadness, in punishing Ali so much during the fight.
|FactSnippet No. 809,735 - en.wikipedia.org|
36. Larry Holmes dominated Ali from start to finish, winning every round on every scorecard.
|FactSnippet No. 809,734 - en.wikipedia.org|
40. Larry Holmes made 20 successful title defenses, placing him third all time, behind only Joe Louis at 25 and Wladimir Klitschko at 22.
|FactSnippet No. 809,724 - en.wikipedia.org|