1. Peter Capaldi is a patron of Worldwide Cancer Research, and the Scottish children's charity, the Aberlour Child Care Trust.
|FactSnippet No. 376,637 - en.wikipedia.org|
2. Peter Capaldi married Elaine Collins in Strathblane near his home city of Glasgow in 1991.
|FactSnippet No. 376,636 - en.wikipedia.org|
3. In 2013, Peter Capaldi wrote and directed Born to be King.
|FactSnippet No. 376,635 - en.wikipedia.org|
4. In 2012, Peter Capaldi wrote, directed and performed in The Cricklewood Greats, an affectionate spoof documentary about a fictitious film studio, which tracks real developments and trends throughout the history of British cinema, including silent movies, horror and bawdy comedy, and a disastrous Terry Gilliam epic (Gilliam appears as himself).
|FactSnippet No. 376,634 - en.wikipedia.org|
5. Peter Capaldi wrote and directed Strictly Sinatra in 2001, and in 2009 he wrote and presented A Portrait of Scotland, a documentary detailing 500 years' history of Scottish portrait painting.
|FactSnippet No. 376,632 - en.wikipedia.org|
6. In 1992, Peter Capaldi wrote and starred in the road movie Soft Top, Hard Shoulder, which won the audience award at the London Film Festival.
|FactSnippet No. 376,631 - en.wikipedia.org|
7. In 2016, Peter Capaldi reprised his role as the Twelfth Doctor in the Doctor Who spin-off programme, Class, written by young-adult author, Patrick Ness.
|FactSnippet No. 376,630 - en.wikipedia.org|
8. In 2014, Peter Capaldi voiced the Doctor on the CBBC website's game, The Doctor and the Dalek and in 2015 voiced him in Lego Dimensions.
|FactSnippet No. 376,629 - en.wikipedia.org|
18. Peter Capaldi starred as Rory in the 1996 television version of Banks's The Crow Road.
|FactSnippet No. 376,613 - en.wikipedia.org|
19. Peter Capaldi is an audiobook narrator, and his many titles include several of the works of Iain Banks.
|FactSnippet No. 376,612 - en.wikipedia.org|
20. Peter Capaldi played fictional Songs of Praise producer Tristan Campbell in two episodes of the sitcom The Vicar of Dibley, and a transgender woman in ITV's Prime Suspect.
|FactSnippet No. 376,611 - en.wikipedia.org|
23. Peter Capaldi portrayed the twelfth incarnation of the Doctor in Doctor Who and Malcolm Tucker the spin doctor in The Thick of It, for which he has received four British Academy Television Award nominations, winning Best Male Comedy Performance in 2010.
|FactSnippet No. 376,602 - en.wikipedia.org|