1. Robert Altman is survived by his wife Kathryn Reed and five children.
|FactSnippet No. 678,365|
4. Robert Altman directed his first opera at the University of Michigan.
|FactSnippet No. 678,360|
7. In 1975, Robert Altman produced what many deemed to be the best movie of the 1970s, Nashville.
|FactSnippet No. 678,356|
10. Robert Altman talked his way into a directing job at the Calvin Company, which made industrial films in Kansas City.
|FactSnippet No. 678,349|
11. Robert Altman lived in New York City for a while, trying to find work as a writer of screenplays and stories, but was unsuccessful.
|FactSnippet No. 678,348|
12. Robert Altman pursued a number of career avenues in Kansas City.
|FactSnippet No. 678,346|
13. In 1943, when Robert Altman was 18 years old, he joined the United States Air Force.
|FactSnippet No. 678,345|
14. Robert Altman was born on February 20, 1925, in Kansas City, Missouri.
|FactSnippet No. 678,344|
17. Carol Burnett remembers Robert Altman admitting that many of the ideas in his films came from the actors.
|FactSnippet No. 678,328 - en.wikipedia.org|
18. Robert Altman understood the creative limits imposed by the television genre, and now set out to direct and write films which would express his personal visions about American society and Hollywood.
|FactSnippet No. 678,321 - en.wikipedia.org|
20. Robert Altman was one of numerous notable public figures, including the linguist Noam Chomsky and the actress Susan Sarandon, who signed the "Not in Our Name" declaration opposing the 2003 invasion of Iraq.
|FactSnippet No. 678,318 - en.wikipedia.org|
26. In 1969, Robert Altman was offered the script for MASH, an adaptation of a little-known Korean War-era novel satirizing life in the armed services; more than a dozen other filmmakers had passed on it.
|FactSnippet No. 678,309 - en.wikipedia.org|
28. Robert Altman entered filmmaking on a whim, selling a script to RKO for the 1948 picture Bodyguard, which he co-wrote with George W George.
|FactSnippet No. 678,306 - en.wikipedia.org|
31. Robert Altman developed a reputation for being "anti-Hollywood" and non-conformist in both his themes and directing style.
|FactSnippet No. 678,297 - en.wikipedia.org|