1. Samuel Alito said that "sufficient tailoring" was used as the standard for invalidating the ordinance that applied only to the Pitt News and not to other papers.
|FactSnippet No. 561,444 - en.wikipedia.org|
2. Samuel Alito said that the sample was skewed because most of the cases were from District Court where the plaintiff lost.
|FactSnippet No. 561,443 - en.wikipedia.org|
6. Samuel Alito explained that in his experience as United States Attorney, federal gun crime statutes can satisfy the required jurisdictional element by saying that the gun must have been transported in interstate commerce.
|FactSnippet No. 561,437 - en.wikipedia.org|
7. Samuel Alito has served as Supreme Court Justice for 11 years and continues to occupy a seat.
|FactSnippet No. 561,433|
8. In 1985 Samuel Alito married Martha-Ann Bomgardner, with whom he has two children.
|FactSnippet No. 561,430|
11. Samuel Alito was in the role until 1985, and during that time he argued 12 cases on behalf of the federal government before the Supreme Court.
|FactSnippet No. 561,424|
12. Samuel Alito wrote majority opinions in some prominent cases that split the Supreme Court along ideological lines.
|FactSnippet No. 561,421|
15. Samuel Alito attended Yale Law School, where he edited the Yale Law Journal before graduating with a JD degree in 1975.
|FactSnippet No. 561,418|
16. At the time, Samuel Alito was not the only one to wrongly call Obama wrong.
|FactSnippet No. 561,416|
18. Samuel Alito delivered the Supreme Court Historical Society's 2008 Annual Lecture "The Origin of the Baseball Antitrust Exemption", which was published in two journals.
|FactSnippet No. 561,414 - en.wikipedia.org|
19. Samuel Alito is an avid baseball fan and a longtime fan of the Philadelphia Phillies.
|FactSnippet No. 561,413 - en.wikipedia.org|
21. Samuel Alito wrote for a unanimous court in ordering a new trial for Bobby Lee Holmes due to South Carolina's rule that barred such evidence based on the strength of the prosecution's case, rather than on the relevance and strength of the defense evidence itself.
|FactSnippet No. 561,410 - en.wikipedia.org|
23. Samuel Alito rejected the use of foreign legal materials in the Constitution, did not state a position on cameras in courtrooms, said Congress could choose to outlaw LGBT employment discrimination in the United States if it wished, and told Senator Joe Biden (D-DE) that he endorsed a weak version of the unitary executive theory.
|FactSnippet No. 561,406 - en.wikipedia.org|
26. Samuel Alito lost only two of the cases he argued before the Supreme Court.
|FactSnippet No. 561,401 - en.wikipedia.org|
33. Samuel Alito was nominated by President George W Bush and has served on the court since January 31, 2006.
|FactSnippet No. 561,393 - en.wikipedia.org|