|FactSnippet No. 935,556|
13 Facts About Tolworth
Tolworth is divided in two by the A3 Kingston Bypass and is situated slightly north of the Greater London-Surrey border.
|FactSnippet No. 935,557|
Tolworth advised that the Electric Light Works and a belated resuscitation of the Tolworth Brickfields represented the leading "Works" in Surbiton.
|FactSnippet No. 935,558|
Until 2011, the green at the junction of Ewell Road, Red Lion Road and King Charles Road opposite the former Red Lion Public house was the site of an extremely rare double fronted wooden bus stop, located at the former Tolworth turning point of the 603 trolleybus service, which ceased in May 1962.
|FactSnippet No. 935,559|
Tolworth Tower, built on the site of the former Tolworth Odeon Cinema is an office block designed by George Marsh of R Seifert and Partners and opened in 1963.
|FactSnippet No. 935,560|
Tolworth Court Farm Fields is a Local Nature Reserve, and consists of a system of fields and hedgerows.
|FactSnippet No. 935,561|
Tolworth has two parish churches; an Anglican one in Hamilton Avenue, dedicated to Saint George, which was built in 1934 and not given its own parish until 2015; and a Roman Catholic one in Ewell Road, dedicated to Our Lady Immaculate, which was completed in 1958 and consecrated in 1963, replacing an earlier 1930s chapel.
|FactSnippet No. 935,562|
Also near Tolworth railway station there is a Goals Soccer Centre and a Carting track.
|FactSnippet No. 935,563|
Tolworth was established in May 1938 operating from Haslsemere Avenue, Earlsfield, SW18.
|FactSnippet No. 935,564|
Tolworth was an important manufacturer of hydraulic powered radar scanners.
|FactSnippet No. 935,565|
Tolworth has King George's Field, a memorial to King George V Corinthian-Casuals F C, a non-league football team, plays its home games at the playing fields, the site was formerly the home ground of Tolworth Football Club before it merged with Corinthian-Casuals in the late 1980s.
|FactSnippet No. 935,566|