1. Head of Achilles depicted on a 4th-century BC coin from Kremaste, Phthia.
6 Facts About Achilles
2. Achilles sacrificing to Zeus for Patroclus' safe return, from the Ambrosian Iliad, a 5th-century illuminated manuscript.
3. Achillesis said to have visited the tomb of Achilles at Achilleion while passing Troy.
4. Achilles was cremated and his ashes buried in the same urn as those of Patroclus.
5. Some retellings state that Achilles was scaling the gates of Troy and was hit with a poisoned arrow.
6. The new armour includes the Shield of Achilles, described in great detail in the poem.