1. The European Parliament approved the ban with a vote of 571 to 53.
FactSnippet No. 131,325
2. In this framework, the European Parliament hosts high-level conferences on inter-religious dialogue, with focus on current issues and in relation with parliamentary works.
FactSnippet No. 122,420 - en.wikipedia.org
3. The European Parliament has the power to meet without being convened by another authority.
FactSnippet No. 122,415 - en.wikipedia.org
4. The European Parliament can call other institutions to answer questions and if necessary to take them to court if they break EU law or treaties.
FactSnippet No. 122,412 - en.wikipedia.org
5. As an elected body, the European Parliament began to draft proposals addressing the functioning of the EU.
FactSnippet No. 122,402 - en.wikipedia.org
6. Under the Rome Treaties, the European Parliament should have become elected.
FactSnippet No. 122,401 - en.wikipedia.org
7. In 1970 the European Parliament was granted power over areas of the Communities' budget, which were expanded to the whole budget in 1975.
FactSnippet No. 122,400 - en.wikipedia.org
8. The European Parliament is the "first institution" of the EU, and shares equal legislative and budgetary powers with the Council (except in a few areas where the special legislative procedures apply).
FactSnippet No. 122,398 - en.wikipedia.org
9. The European Parliament voted in favor of a single-use plastics ban and added its own amendments.