1. Fred Astaire died of pneumonia on June 22, 1987, at the age of 88.
|FactSnippet No. 436,715 - en.wikipedia.org|
5. Fred Astaire recorded his own "It's Just Like Taking Candy from a Baby" with Benny Goodman in 1940 and nurtured a lifelong ambition to be a successful popular song composer.
|FactSnippet No. 436,710 - en.wikipedia.org|
7. Fred Astaire acted nine different roles in The Man in the Santa Claus Suit in 1979.
|FactSnippet No. 436,706 - en.wikipedia.org|
11. Fred Astaire continued to act in the 1970s, appearing on television as the father of Robert Wagner's character, Alexander Mundy, in It Takes a Thief and in such films as The Towering Inferno, in which he danced with Jennifer Jones and for which he received his only Academy Award nomination, in the category of Best Supporting Actor.
|FactSnippet No. 436,702 - en.wikipedia.org|
14. In 1954, Fred Astaire was about to start work on a new musical, Daddy Long Legs with Leslie Caron at 20th Century Fox, when his wife Phyllis became ill and suddenly died of lung cancer.
|FactSnippet No. 436,695 - en.wikipedia.org|
22. Fred Astaire was named by the American Film Institute as the fifth greatest male star of Classic Hollywood cinema in 100 Years.
|FactSnippet No. 436,681 - en.wikipedia.org|