1. George Galloway rejected the claim of Rima Husseini, in April 2012, who said the couple were still married under Islamic law.
|FactSnippet No. 120,386 - en.wikipedia.org|
3. George Galloway said the Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi "has blood on his hands".
|FactSnippet No. 120,384 - en.wikipedia.org|
5. In 2013, George Galloway began a series of public meetings in Scotland using the slogan of "Just Say Naw.
|FactSnippet No. 120,381 - en.wikipedia.org|
6. George Galloway has long supported devolution for Scotland, but opposes Scottish independence.
|FactSnippet No. 120,380 - en.wikipedia.org|
7. George Galloway told Prospect magazine in February 2016: "I support the decision of the Russian government to come to the aid of the government in Syria because whatever faults it [the Syrian government] may have, whatever crimes it has committed, they are considerably fewer than the crimes committed by IS or would be committed by IS were they to come to power".
|FactSnippet No. 120,379 - en.wikipedia.org|
9. In January 2013, George Galloway criticised David Cameron's government for arming Syrian rebels linked to Salafi jihadism.
|FactSnippet No. 120,377 - en.wikipedia.org|
10. George Galloway said in a July 2011 interview on Hezbollah's Al-Manar station: "Bashar Assad wants reform and change, to realize the aspirations of his people".
|FactSnippet No. 120,376 - en.wikipedia.org|
11. In 2018 George Galloway brought an action that Ali-Khan had breached this undertaking 26 times, which Ali-Khan admitted, and in April 2018 the High Court imprisoned Ali-Khan for 12 weeks for contempt of court, describing her action as "deliberate, flagrant, persistent and inexcusable".
|FactSnippet No. 120,373 - en.wikipedia.org|
12. In July 2016, George Galloway endorsed Corbyn's campaign in Labour Party leadership election.
|FactSnippet No. 120,372 - en.wikipedia.org|
17. In October 2014, it emerged that George Galloway would not be prosecuted for his comments on the grounds of "insufficient evidence", although West Yorkshire Police had "recorded this matter as a hate incident.
|FactSnippet No. 120,366 - en.wikipedia.org|
20. George Galloway told Ahmadinejad: "I have police protection in London from the Iranian opposition because of my support for your election campaign" in 2009.
|FactSnippet No. 120,360 - en.wikipedia.org|
21. George Galloway said of Ashtiani's sentence during the interview: "Every so often an issue comes along which is seized upon by the enemies of Iran and it becomes a heavy problem and magnified.
|FactSnippet No. 120,359 - en.wikipedia.org|
23. George Galloway asserted on The Wright Stuff chat show that the executed boyfriend of gay Iranian asylum seeker Mehdi Kazemi was executed for "sex crimes" rather than for being gay.
|FactSnippet No. 120,357 - en.wikipedia.org|
24. George Galloway has worked for the Iranian state-run satellite television channel, Press TV since 2008.
|FactSnippet No. 120,356 - en.wikipedia.org|
25. On 10 March 2009, George Galloway announced at a press conference in Gaza City attended by several senior Hamas officials: "We are giving you now 100 vehicles and all of their contents, and we make no apology for what I am about to say.
|FactSnippet No. 120,354 - en.wikipedia.org|
26. In 2009, George Galloway received a Palestinian passport from Hamas leader Ismail Haniya.
|FactSnippet No. 120,353 - en.wikipedia.org|
27. George Galloway wrote in a column for The Independent newspaper in November 2012 writing that his "antics on Big Brother" had "raised tens of thousands of pounds for the" Interpal charity and paid for an "extra caseworker in my constituency".
|FactSnippet No. 120,351 - en.wikipedia.org|
32. George Galloway wrote in an article for The Guardian at the end of October 2003 that he would soon be part of a coalition consisting of the "red, green, anti-war, Muslim and other social constituencies radicalised by the war.
|FactSnippet No. 120,344 - en.wikipedia.org|
33. George Galloway chose not to challenge him, announcing this decision at the end of May 2004 in his Mail on Sunday column.
|FactSnippet No. 120,343 - en.wikipedia.org|
34. George Galloway announced in December 2003 that he would not force a by-election and did not intend to contest the next general election in Glasgow.
|FactSnippet No. 120,342 - en.wikipedia.org|
36. George Galloway reiterated his denial of the charges and challenged the US Senate committee to charge him with perjury.
|FactSnippet No. 120,340 - en.wikipedia.org|
37. George Galloway pointed out an error in the report, where documents by The Daily Telegraph were said to have covered an earlier period from those held by the Senate.
|FactSnippet No. 120,339 - en.wikipedia.org|
39. George Galloway acknowledged that money had been paid into the Mariam Appeal by Iraqi businessmen who had profited from the UN-run programme, but denied benefiting personally, and maintained that, in any case, there was nothing illicit about this:.
|FactSnippet No. 120,337 - en.wikipedia.org|
40. George Galloway was challenged by the BBC but denied making the "martyrs" comment.
|FactSnippet No. 120,335 - en.wikipedia.org|
41. George Galloway defended Iraqi insurgents targeting Western forces as "martyrs" during August 2005 in appearances on Middle Eastern television channels, Iraqis who were with the allies security forces he called "collaborators" and said it was "normal" for them to be the targets of suicide bombers.
|FactSnippet No. 120,334 - en.wikipedia.org|
43. George Galloway became the Vice-President of the Stop the War Coalition in 2001.
|FactSnippet No. 120,332 - en.wikipedia.org|
46. In August 2002, George Galloway returned to Iraq and met Saddam Hussein for a second and final time.
|FactSnippet No. 120,329 - en.wikipedia.org|
47. In 1999, George Galloway was criticised for spending Christmas in Iraq with Tariq Aziz, who was Iraq's Deputy Prime Minister at the time.
|FactSnippet No. 120,328 - en.wikipedia.org|
50. In January 1994, George Galloway faced some of his strongest criticism on his return from a Middle Eastern visit during which he had met Saddam Hussein.
|FactSnippet No. 120,325 - en.wikipedia.org|
51. In his book I'm Not the Only One, George Galloway expresses the opinion that Kuwait is "clearly a part of the greater Iraqi whole, stolen from the motherland by perfidious Albion", although Christopher Hitchens pointed out that the state existed long before Iraq had a name.
|FactSnippet No. 120,324 - en.wikipedia.org|
52. George Galloway opposed the 1991 Gulf War and was critical of the effect that the subsequent sanctions had on the people of Iraq.
|FactSnippet No. 120,323 - en.wikipedia.org|
53. George Galloway was one of several politicians arrested in February 2001 during a protest at the Faslane nuclear base in Scotland, and in July 2002 he was convicted of a breach of the peace and fined £180.
|FactSnippet No. 120,322 - en.wikipedia.org|
59. In a 2002 Guardian interview, George Galloway said he had supported the Soviet Union and asserted that its end was "the biggest catastrophe of my life".
|FactSnippet No. 120,316 - en.wikipedia.org|
60. At the 1987 general election, George Galloway was elected as the MP for Glasgow Hillhead gaining the seat for Labour from the SDP defeating Roy Jenkins with a majority of 3,251 votes.
|FactSnippet No. 120,315 - en.wikipedia.org|
65. George Galloway took his mother's side in arguments, and has been a long-time supporter of Sinn Fein and Irish reunification.
|FactSnippet No. 120,307 - en.wikipedia.org|
66. George Galloway was born in Dundee; the eldest of three children, he has a younger brother, Graham and sister, Colette.
|FactSnippet No. 120,306 - en.wikipedia.org|
69. In 2003, George Galloway was expelled from the Labour Party, having been found guilty by the party's national constitutional committee of four of the five charges of bringing the party into disrepute, including having called on Arabs to fight British troops.
|FactSnippet No. 120,302 - en.wikipedia.org|