1. George Shultz wrote a 1,184-page best-selling memoir, Turmoil and Triumph: My Years as Secretary of State.
|FactSnippet No. 833,051|
5. George Shultz served in the first of his government posts when he was appointed as a senior staff economist to President Dwight Eisenhower's Council of Economic Advisors in 1957.
|FactSnippet No. 833,041|
11. In 1997, George Shultz married Charlotte Mailliard Swig, a prominent San Francisco philanthropist and socialite.
|FactSnippet No. 833,031 - en.wikipedia.org|
15. George Shultz serves as an Advisory Board member for the Partnership for a Secure America and Citizens' Climate Lobby.
|FactSnippet No. 833,027 - en.wikipedia.org|
16. George Shultz is a leader of the Climate Leadership Council, along with Henry Paulson and James Baker.
|FactSnippet No. 833,024 - en.wikipedia.org|
17. On January 11, 2011, George Shultz wrote a letter to President Barack Obama urging him to pardon Jonathan Pollard.
|FactSnippet No. 833,022 - en.wikipedia.org|
18. On January 15, 2008, George Shultz co-authored an opinion paper in The Wall Street Journal that called on governments to embrace the vision of a world free of nuclear weapons.
|FactSnippet No. 833,021 - en.wikipedia.org|
19. In 2003, George Shultz served as co-chair of California's Economic Recovery Council, an advisory group to the campaign of California gubernatorial candidate Arnold Schwarzenegger.
|FactSnippet No. 833,020 - en.wikipedia.org|
20. In 2005, George Shultz spoke out against the Cuban embargo, calling the policy "insane".
|FactSnippet No. 833,019 - en.wikipedia.org|
22. George Shultz went on to add his signature to an advertisement, published in The New York Times on June 8, 1998, headlined "We believe the global war on drugs is causing more harm than drug abuse itself.
|FactSnippet No. 833,017 - en.wikipedia.org|
24. George Shultz was well known for outspoken opposition to the "arms for hostages" scandal that would eventually become known as the Iran-Contra Affair.
|FactSnippet No. 833,015 - en.wikipedia.org|
25. George Shultz resolved this "poisonous problem" in December 1982, when the United States agreed to abandon sanctions against the pipeline and the Europeans agreed to adopt stricter controls on strategic trade with the Soviets.
|FactSnippet No. 833,014 - en.wikipedia.org|
27. George Shultz relied primarily on the Foreign Service to formulate and implement Reagan's foreign policy.
|FactSnippet No. 833,012 - en.wikipedia.org|
31. George Shultz resigned shortly before Nixon to return to private life.
|FactSnippet No. 833,008 - en.wikipedia.org|
32. George Shultz was United States Secretary of the Treasury from June 1972 to May 1974.
|FactSnippet No. 833,006 - en.wikipedia.org|
34. George Shultz imposed the Philadelphia Plan requiring Pennsylvania construction unions, which refused to accept black members, to admit a certain number of blacks by an enforced deadline.
|FactSnippet No. 833,004 - en.wikipedia.org|
35. George Shultz was President Richard Nixon's Secretary of Labor from 1969 to 1970.
|FactSnippet No. 833,002 - en.wikipedia.org|
37. In 1957, George Shultz left MIT and joined the University of Chicago Graduate School of Business as a professor of industrial relations, and he served as the Graduate School of Business Dean from 1962 to 1968.
|FactSnippet No. 833,000 - en.wikipedia.org|
39. In 1938, George Shultz graduated from the elite private preparatory boarding high school, Loomis Chaffee School in Windsor, Connecticut.
|FactSnippet No. 832,996 - en.wikipedia.org|
42. George Shultz served as an informal adviser to George W Bush and helped formulate the Bush Doctrine of preemptive war.
|FactSnippet No. 832,992 - en.wikipedia.org|
45. George Shultz left the Nixon administration in 1974 to become an executive at Bechtel.
|FactSnippet No. 832,989 - en.wikipedia.org|
46. In that role, George Shultz supported the Nixon shock and presided over the end of the Bretton Woods system.
|FactSnippet No. 832,988 - en.wikipedia.org|
47. George Shultz served in various positions under three different Republican presidents.
|FactSnippet No. 832,987 - en.wikipedia.org|