1. Mikhail Gorbachev added: "It was through St Francis that I arrived at the Church, so it was important that I came to visit his tomb".
|FactSnippet No. 298,009 - en.wikipedia.org|
4. Mikhail Gorbachev was a hard worker; as General Secretary, he would rise at 7 or 8 in the morning and not go to bed until 1 or 2.
|FactSnippet No. 298,004 - en.wikipedia.org|
8. In October 2018, Mikhail Gorbachev criticized President Donald Trump's threat to withdraw from the 1987 Intermediate-Range Nuclear Forces Treaty, saying the move "is not the work of a great mind.
|FactSnippet No. 297,997 - en.wikipedia.org|
9. In July 2016, Mikhail Gorbachev criticized the North Atlantic Treaty Organization amid escalating tensions between the military alliance and the Russian Federation.
|FactSnippet No. 297,995 - en.wikipedia.org|
12. On 8 November 2014, Mikhail Gorbachev attended an event near the Brandenburg Gate, Berlin to mark 25 years since the fall of the Berlin Wall.
|FactSnippet No. 297,992 - en.wikipedia.org|
17. On 27 March 2009, Mikhail Gorbachev visited Eureka College, Illinois, which is the alma mater of former US President Ronald Reagan with whom he had negotiated historic nuclear arms reduction treaties.
|FactSnippet No. 297,987 - en.wikipedia.org|
22. In 1997, Mikhail Gorbachev appeared with his granddaughter Anastasia in an internationally screened television commercial for Pizza Hut.
|FactSnippet No. 297,982 - en.wikipedia.org|
27. Mikhail Gorbachev spent three days under house arrest at his dacha in the Crimea before being freed and restored to power.
|FactSnippet No. 297,975 - en.wikipedia.org|
29. Mikhail Gorbachev continued to work on drafting a new treaty of union which would have created a truly voluntary federation in an increasingly democratised Soviet Union.
|FactSnippet No. 297,973 - en.wikipedia.org|
30. On 10 January 1991, Mikhail Gorbachev issued an ultimatum-like request addressing the Lithuanian Supreme Council demanding the restoration of the validity of the constitution of the Soviet Union in Lithuania and revocation of all anti-constitutional laws.
|FactSnippet No. 297,972 - en.wikipedia.org|
31. Mikhail Gorbachev would publish the draft of a new union treaty in November, which envisioned a continued union called the Union of Sovereign Soviet Republics, but, going into 1991, Gorbachev's actions were steadily overpowered by secessionism.
|FactSnippet No. 297,971 - en.wikipedia.org|
38. Mikhail Gorbachev acknowledged that his liberalising policies of glasnost and perestroika owed a great deal to Alexander Dubcek's "Socialism with a human face".
|FactSnippet No. 297,963 - en.wikipedia.org|
51. Mikhail Gorbachev was struck by how openly West Europeans offered their opinions and criticised their political leaders, something absent from the Soviet Union, where people did not feel safe speaking so openly.
|FactSnippet No. 297,947 - en.wikipedia.org|
58. Mikhail Gorbachev was among those who saw themselves as "genuine Marxists" or "genuine Leninists" in contrast to what they regarded as the perversions of Stalin.
|FactSnippet No. 297,940 - en.wikipedia.org|
63. Mikhail Gorbachev applied to study at the law school of Moscow State University, then the most prestigious university in the country.
|FactSnippet No. 297,933 - en.wikipedia.org|
64. In June 1950, Mikhail Gorbachev became a candidate member of the Communist Party.
|FactSnippet No. 297,932 - en.wikipedia.org|
66. Mikhail Gorbachev was widely praised in the West for his pivotal role in ending the Cold War, curtailing the human rights abuses that occurred in the Soviet Union, and tolerating the fall of Marxist–Leninist administrations in eastern and central Europe.
|FactSnippet No. 297,929 - en.wikipedia.org|
68. Mikhail Gorbachev was appointed the First Party Secretary of the Stavropol Regional Committee in 1970, in which position he oversaw construction of the Great Stavropol Canal.
|FactSnippet No. 297,927 - en.wikipedia.org|