1. James Brown had originally been scheduled to receive the honorary doctorate from Paine College during its May 2007 commencement.
|FactSnippet No. 467,798 - en.wikipedia.org|
2. James Brown appeared on the BET Awards June 24, 2003, and received the Lifetime Achievement Award presented by Michael Jackson, and performed with him.
|FactSnippet No. 467,797 - en.wikipedia.org|
3. On November 14, 2006, James Brown was inducted into the UK Music Hall of Fame, and he was one of several inductees to perform at the ceremony.
|FactSnippet No. 467,796 - en.wikipedia.org|
11. James Brown was made "freeman of the city" in Lagos, Nigeria, by Oba Adeyinka Oyekan, for his "influence on black people all over the world.
|FactSnippet No. 467,786 - en.wikipedia.org|
17. James Brown played a full concert as part of the BBC's Electric Proms on October 27, 2006, at The Roundhouse, supported by The Zutons, with special appearances from Max Beasley and The Sugababes.
|FactSnippet No. 467,774 - en.wikipedia.org|
21. James Brown made a cameo appearance in the 2002 Jackie Chan film The Tuxedo, in which Chan was required to finish Brown's act after having accidentally knocked out the singer.
|FactSnippet No. 467,770 - en.wikipedia.org|
22. James Brown celebrated his status as an icon by appearing in a variety of entertainment and sports events, including an appearance on the WCW pay-per-view event, SuperBrawl X, where he danced alongside wrestler Ernest "The Cat" Miller, who based his character on Brown, during his in-ring skit with The Maestro.
|FactSnippet No. 467,768 - en.wikipedia.org|
25. James Brown performed the song in the film at Apollo Creed's final fight, shot in the Ziegfeld Room at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas, and was credited in the film as "The Godfather of Soul".
|FactSnippet No. 467,763 - en.wikipedia.org|
29. James Brown relied more on touring outside the United States where he continued to perform for sold-out crowds in cities such as London, Paris and Lausanne.
|FactSnippet No. 467,759 - en.wikipedia.org|
30. In 1971, James Brown began recording for Polydor Records which took over distribution of Brown's King Records catalog.
|FactSnippet No. 467,758 - en.wikipedia.org|
36. On October 24, 1962, James Brown financed a live recording of a performance at the Apollo and convinced Syd Nathan to release the album, despite Nathan's belief that no one would buy a live album due to the fact that Brown's singles had already been bought and that live albums were usually bad sellers.
|FactSnippet No. 467,752 - en.wikipedia.org|
42. James Brown is ranked seventh on the music magazine Rolling Stone list of its 100 greatest artists of all time.
|FactSnippet No. 467,744 - en.wikipedia.org|