1. White is the source of more names for women in western countries than any other color.
13 Facts About White
2. White is the color most often worn by chefs, bakers, and butchers, and the color of the aprons of waiters in French restaurants.
3. White was the traditional color of the coats of doctors, nurses, scientists and laboratory technicians, though nowadays a pale blue or green is often used.
4. White has long been the traditional color worn by brides at royal weddings, but the white wedding gown for ordinary people appeared in the 19th century.
5. White is the color in Western culture most often associated with beginnings and the new.
6. White is a common color in national flags, though its symbolism varies widely.
7. White became the banner of the royalist rebellions against the French Revolution.
8. White has a long history of use as a religious and political symbol in Islam, beginning with the white banner that tradition ascribes to the Quraysh, the tribe to which Muhammad belonged.
9. White is an important symbolic color in most religions and cultures, usually because of its association with purity.
10. White was the universal color of both men and women's underwear and of sheets in the 18th and 19th centuries.
11. White was a fashionable color for both men and women in the 18th century.
12. White is an important color for almost all world religions.
13. White objects fully reflect and scatter all the visible wavelengths of light.