1. In 1938, Zachary Taylor would appear again on a US postage stamp, this time on the 12-cent Presidential Issue of 1938.
|FactSnippet No. 64,882 - en.wikipedia.org|
4. At the 1848 Whig National Convention, Zachary Taylor defeated Clay and Winfield Scott to receive the Whig nomination for president.
|FactSnippet No. 64,862 - en.wikipedia.org|
6. That same month, Zachary Taylor commanded American forces at the Battle of Palo Alto and the nearby Battle of Resaca de la Palma.
|FactSnippet No. 64,856 - en.wikipedia.org|
7. In May 1828, Zachary Taylor was called back to action, commanding Fort Snelling in Michigan Territory on the northern Mississippi River for a year, and then nearby Fort Crawford for a year.
|FactSnippet No. 64,855 - en.wikipedia.org|
8. In the meantime Zachary Taylor acquired his first Louisiana plantation and decided to move with his family to their new home in Baton Rouge.
|FactSnippet No. 64,854 - en.wikipedia.org|
11. On May 3, 1808 Zachary Taylor joined the US Army, receiving a commission as a first lieutenant of the Seventh Infantry Regiment.
|FactSnippet No. 64,847 - en.wikipedia.org|