1. Alexander Hamilton was active during the Revolution in trying to raise black troops for the army, with the promise of freedom.
|FactSnippet No. 308,934 - en.wikipedia.org|
3. Alexander Hamilton named the house "The Grange" after the estate of his grandfather Alexander in Ayrshire, Scotland.
|FactSnippet No. 308,930 - en.wikipedia.org|
7. Alexander Hamilton was buried in the Trinity Churchyard Cemetery in Manhattan.
|FactSnippet No. 308,922 - en.wikipedia.org|
13. Alexander Hamilton mailed this to two hundred leading Federalists; when a copy fell into the Democratic-Republicans' hands, they printed it.
|FactSnippet No. 308,913 - en.wikipedia.org|
15. Alexander Hamilton now toured New England, again urging northern electors to hold firm for Pinckney in the renewed hope of making Pinckney president; and he again intrigued in South Carolina.
|FactSnippet No. 308,911 - en.wikipedia.org|
17. Alexander Hamilton served as inspector general of the United States Army from July 18, 1798, to June 15, 1800.
|FactSnippet No. 308,909 - en.wikipedia.org|
19. Alexander Hamilton influenced Washington in the composition of his Farewell Address by writing drafts for Washington to compare with the latter's draft, although when Washington contemplated retirement in 1792, he had consulted James Madison for a draft that was used in a similar manner to Hamilton's.
|FactSnippet No. 308,906 - en.wikipedia.org|
20. Alexander Hamilton assembled a nationwide coalition to garner support for the Administration, including the expansive financial programs Hamilton had made Administration policy and especially the president's policy of neutrality in the European war between Britain and France.
|FactSnippet No. 308,903 - en.wikipedia.org|
21. Alexander Hamilton thought of the United States being a primarily agrarian country would be at a disadvantage in dealing with Europe.
|FactSnippet No. 308,902 - en.wikipedia.org|
26. Alexander Hamilton differed from European monetary policymakers in his desire to overprice gold relative to silver, on the grounds that the United States would always receive an influx of silver from the West Indies.
|FactSnippet No. 308,894 - en.wikipedia.org|
29. Alexander Hamilton recruited John Jay and James Madison to write a series of essays defending the proposed Constitution, now known as The Federalist Papers, and made the largest contribution to that effort, writing 51 of 85 essays published.
|FactSnippet No. 308,882 - en.wikipedia.org|
30. Early in the Convention Alexander Hamilton made a speech proposing a President-for-Life; it had no effect upon the deliberations of the convention.
|FactSnippet No. 308,879 - en.wikipedia.org|
31. Alexander Hamilton instructed Assistant Secretary of War William Jackson to intercept the men.
|FactSnippet No. 308,877 - en.wikipedia.org|
32. Alexander Hamilton requested militia from Pennsylvania's Supreme Executive Council, but was turned down.
|FactSnippet No. 308,876 - en.wikipedia.org|
35. Alexander Hamilton handled letters to Congress, state governors, and the most powerful generals in the Continental Army; he drafted many of Washington's orders and letters at the latter's direction; he eventually issued orders from Washington over Hamilton's own signature.
|FactSnippet No. 308,872 - en.wikipedia.org|
37. Alexander Hamilton was invited to become an aide to William Alexander, Lord Stirling and one other general, perhaps Nathanael Greene or Alexander McDougall.
|FactSnippet No. 308,869 - en.wikipedia.org|
40. Alexander Hamilton drilled with the company, before classes, in the graveyard of nearby St Paul's Chapel.
|FactSnippet No. 308,866 - en.wikipedia.org|
48. Alexander Hamilton continued his legal and business activities in New York City, and was active in ending the legality of the international slave trade.
|FactSnippet No. 308,856 - en.wikipedia.org|
49. Alexander Hamilton played a central role in the Federalist party, which dominated national and state politics until it lost the election of 1800 to Jefferson's Democratic-Republican Party.
|FactSnippet No. 308,855 - en.wikipedia.org|
50. Alexander Hamilton led the Treasury Department as a trusted member of President Washington's first Cabinet.
|FactSnippet No. 308,854 - en.wikipedia.org|
53. Alexander Hamilton resigned to practice law and founded the Bank of New York.
|FactSnippet No. 308,851 - en.wikipedia.org|
54. Alexander Hamilton took an early role in the militia as the American Revolutionary War began.
|FactSnippet No. 308,850 - en.wikipedia.org|
58. Alexander Hamilton was an American statesman and one of the Founding Fathers of the United States.
|FactSnippet No. 308,846 - en.wikipedia.org|