1. Christopher Lee was made a Knight Bachelor "For services to Drama and to Charity" on 13 June as part of the Queen's Birthday Honours in 2009.
|FactSnippet No. 449,492 - en.wikipedia.org|
2. Christopher Lee was the subject of the BBC's This Is Your Life in 1974, where he was surprised by Eamonn Andrews.
|FactSnippet No. 449,491 - en.wikipedia.org|
3. Christopher Lee was honoured by the Academy at the 88th Academy Awards on 28 February 2016 in the annual In Memoriam section.
|FactSnippet No. 449,490 - en.wikipedia.org|
5. Christopher Lee died at the Chelsea and Westminster Hospital on 7 June 2015 at 8:30 am after being admitted for respiratory problems and heart failure, shortly after celebrating his 93rd birthday.
|FactSnippet No. 449,488 - en.wikipedia.org|
8. Christopher Lee was engaged for a time in the late 1950s to Henriette von Rosen, whom he had met at a nightclub in Stockholm.
|FactSnippet No. 449,484 - en.wikipedia.org|
12. Christopher Lee reprised his role as Count Dooku in the Star Wars: The Clone Wars 2008 animated film, but Corey Burton took his place for the character in the TV series.
|FactSnippet No. 449,478 - en.wikipedia.org|
13. Christopher Lee served as the narrator on The Nightmare Before Christmas' poem, written by Tim Burton as well.
|FactSnippet No. 449,477 - en.wikipedia.org|
14. Christopher Lee narrated and sang for the Danish musical group The Tolkien Ensemble, taking the role of Treebeard, King Theoden and others in the readings or singing of their respective poems or songs.
|FactSnippet No. 449,475 - en.wikipedia.org|
15. Christopher Lee reprised his role as Saruman in the video game The Lord of the Rings: The Battle for Middle-earth along with the other actors of the films.
|FactSnippet No. 449,474 - en.wikipedia.org|
17. Christopher Lee narrated an advertising campaign for Age UK, reading a poem by Roger McGough.
|FactSnippet No. 449,469 - en.wikipedia.org|
20. In 2012, Christopher Lee marked his fifth and final collaboration with Tim Burton, by appearing in Burton's film adaptation of the gothic soap opera Dark Shadows, in the small role of a New England fishing captain.
|FactSnippet No. 449,466 - en.wikipedia.org|
21. Christopher Lee said he worked on his role for the films over the course of four days, portraying Saruman as a kind and noble wizard, before his subsequent fall into darkness, as depicted in The Lord of the Rings film trilogy.
|FactSnippet No. 449,465 - en.wikipedia.org|
26. Christopher Lee was one of the favourite actors of Tim Burton, and became a regular in many of Burton's films, working for the director five times, starting in 1999, where he had a small role as the Burgomaster in the film Sleepy Hollow.
|FactSnippet No. 449,455 - en.wikipedia.org|
27. In 1998, Christopher Lee starred in the role of Muhammad Ali Jinnah, founder of modern Pakistan, in the film Jinnah.
|FactSnippet No. 449,453 - en.wikipedia.org|
30. In 1978, Christopher Lee surprised many people with his willingness to go along with a joke, by appearing as guest host on NBC's Saturday Night Live.
|FactSnippet No. 449,450 - en.wikipedia.org|
32. Christopher Lee appeared on the cover of the Wings album Band on the Run, along with others including chat show host Michael Parkinson, singer Kenny Lynch, film actor James Coburn, world boxing champion John Conteh, and broadcaster Clement Freud.
|FactSnippet No. 449,448 - en.wikipedia.org|
34. Christopher Lee finally got to play a James Bond villain in The Man with the Golden Gun, in which he was cast as the deadly assassin Francisco Scaramanga.
|FactSnippet No. 449,446 - en.wikipedia.org|
36. Christopher Lee appeared in the sequel film The Four Musketeers, which was actually shot at the same time.
|FactSnippet No. 449,444 - en.wikipedia.org|
40. Christopher Lee auditioned for a part in the film The Longest Day, but was turned down because he did not "look like a military man".
|FactSnippet No. 449,437 - en.wikipedia.org|
57. Christopher Lee reported to RAF Uxbridge for training and was then posted to the Initial Training Wing at Paignton.
|FactSnippet No. 449,416 - en.wikipedia.org|
58. Christopher Lee worked as an office clerk for United States Lines, taking care of the mail and running errands.
|FactSnippet No. 449,415 - en.wikipedia.org|
62. Christopher Lee considered his best performance to be that of Pakistan's founder Muhammad Ali Jinnah in the biopic Jinnah, and his best film to be the British cult film The Wicker Man (1973).
|FactSnippet No. 449,409 - en.wikipedia.org|