1. Christy Mathewson was one of the five charter members of the Hall of Fame inducted in 1936.
|FactSnippet No. 563,361|
5. Christy Mathewson still holds the all-time World Series records of four shutouts and ten complete games.
|FactSnippet No. 563,356|
9. Christy Mathewson went on to win 372 games for the Giants before returning to the Reds for one final victory in 1916.
|FactSnippet No. 563,351|
16. Christy Mathewson served overseas as a captain in the newly formed Chemical Service along with Ty Cobb.
|FactSnippet No. 563,338 - en.wikipedia.org|
23. Christy Mathewson repeated a strong performance in 1910 and then again in 1911 when the Giants captured their first pennant since 1905.
|FactSnippet No. 563,329 - en.wikipedia.org|
31. Christy Mathewson was selected to the Walter Camp All-American football team in 1900.
|FactSnippet No. 563,317 - en.wikipedia.org|
32. Christy Mathewson continued to play baseball during his years at Bucknell, pitching for minor league teams in Honesdale and Meridian, Pennsylvania.
|FactSnippet No. 563,316 - en.wikipedia.org|
36. Christy Mathewson would eventually return to the Giants and go on to win 373 games in his career, a National League record.
|FactSnippet No. 563,312 - en.wikipedia.org|
37. Christy Mathewson pitched for the New York Giants the next season but was sent back to the minors.
|FactSnippet No. 563,311 - en.wikipedia.org|