1. In 1980, Emma Thompson served as the Vice President of Footlights, and co-directed the troupe's first all-female revue, Woman's Hour.
|FactSnippet No. 841,539|
5. Emma Thompson was made a Dame Commander of the Order of the British Empire in 2018.
|FactSnippet No. 841,535|
19. Emma Thompson scripted and starred in Sense and Sensibility, which earned her numerous awards, including an Academy Award for Best Adapted Screenplay, which makes her the only person to receive Academy Awards for both acting and writing, and a BAFTA Award for Best Actress.
|FactSnippet No. 841,494 - en.wikipedia.org|
20. Emma Thompson will join Academy Award-nominee Viola Davis, as well as.
|FactSnippet No. 133,691|
21. Jessica Chastain and Emma Thompson quoting great hunks of dialogue from "Princess Bride.
|FactSnippet No. 133,688|
22. Emma Thompson tried to 'steal a kiss' from Prince William.
|FactSnippet No. 77,989|
26. Emma Thompson received her damehood at Buckingham Palace on Wednesday—and asked Prince William for a kiss.
|FactSnippet No. 61,082|
27. Emma Thompson receives damehood from Prince William during Buckingham Palace honour ceremony.
|FactSnippet No. 61,081|
31. Emma Thompson asks Prince William for kiss at damehood ceremony.
|FactSnippet No. 61,064|
32. Emma Thompson received her honor for Dame Commander of the Most Excellent Order of the British Empire on Wednesday at Buckingham Palace.
|FactSnippet No. 61,063|
33. Emma Thompson received a damehood from Prince William at a Buckingham Palace ceremony on Wednesday morning for her.
|FactSnippet No. 61,062|
34. Emma Thompson shared a cheeky moment with Prince William on Wednesday while receiving her damehood at Buckingham Palace.
|FactSnippet No. 61,060|
36. Emma Thompson tried to steal a kiss from Prince William at her damehood ceremony.
|FactSnippet No. 61,053|
39. Emma Thompson knows a royal opportunity when she sees it! The actress asked Prince William for a smooch as he made her a Dame—one of Britain's highest honors.
|FactSnippet No. 61,047|
42. Emma Thompson becomes a dame but doesn't get to kiss Prince William.
|FactSnippet No. 61,042|
43. Emma Thompson threw royal protocol to the wind by wearing white sneakers to Buckingham Palace before reportedly asking Prince William for a kiss.
|FactSnippet No. 61,041|
45. Emma Thompson was appointed Dame Commander of the Order of the British Empire in the 2018 Birthday Honours for services to drama.
|FactSnippet No. 42,779 - en.wikipedia.org|
49. Emma Thompson belongs to a group of highly decorated British actresses including Judi Dench, Kate Winslet and Helena Bonham Carter who are known for appearing in "heritage films" and typically showing "restraint, rendering emotions through intellect rather than feelings, and a sense of irony, which demonstrates the heroine's superior understanding".
|FactSnippet No. 42,775 - en.wikipedia.org|
50. Emma Thompson is widely considered to be one of the finest actresses of her generation and one of Britain's best-known actresses, accepted in Hollywood.
|FactSnippet No. 42,773 - en.wikipedia.org|
53. Emma Thompson had greater success that year when she worked with HBO for a second time in the acclaimed miniseries Angels in America.
|FactSnippet No. 42,765 - en.wikipedia.org|
54. Emma Thompson continued with supporting roles in the 2003 drama Imagining Argentina, where she played a dissident-journalist abducted by the country's 1970s dictatorial regime.
|FactSnippet No. 42,764 - en.wikipedia.org|
55. Emma Thompson was instrumental in bringing Mike Nichols to direct the project, and the pair spent months in rehearsal to get the complex character right.
|FactSnippet No. 42,763 - en.wikipedia.org|
60. Early in 1992, Emma Thompson had a guest role in an episode of Cheers as Frasier Crane's first wife.
|FactSnippet No. 42,757 - en.wikipedia.org|
65. Emma Thompson scripted and starred in Sense and Sensibility, which earned her (among other awards) an Academy Award for Best Adapted Screenplay—which makes her the only person to receive Academy Awards for both acting and writing—and a BAFTA Award for Best Actress.
|FactSnippet No. 42,747 - en.wikipedia.org|