1. In Shelley's original work, Dr Frankenstein discovers a previously unknown but elemental principle of life, and that insight allows him to develop a method to imbue vitality into inanimate matter, though the exact nature of the process is left largely ambiguous.
5 Facts About Frankenstein
2. Frankenstein starts to recover from his exertion; he sees in Walton the same obsession that has destroyed him, and recounts a story of his life's miseries to Walton as a warning.
3. Novel Frankenstein is written in epistolary form, documenting a fictional correspondence between Captain Robert Walton and his sister, Margaret Walton Saville.
4. Frankenstein is written in the form of a frame story that starts with Captain Robert Walton writing letters to his sister.
5. Frankenstein is infused with elements of the Gothic novel and the Romantic movement.