1. Huddersfield has a very well established Saint Patrick's Day Parade held annually.
9 Facts About Huddersfield
2. Huddersfield is connected to the national motorway network via the M1 and M62 motorways.
3. Huddersfield is slightly above the English average for those who have no religion and for the number of Muslims.
4. Huddersfield experiences a temperate oceanic climate which is relatively mild for its latitude, and which is not subject to extremes of temperature because of the moderating influence of the Gulf Stream.
5. Huddersfield is located on the valleys of the River Colne and the River Holme the confluence of which is located south of the town centre.
6. Huddersfield had a strong liberal tradition up to the 1950s reflected in the number of liberal social clubs in the town.
7. Manor of Huddersfield was owned by the de Lacy family until 1322, at which it reverted to royal ownership.
8. Huddersfield was recorded in the Domesday Book of 1086 as Oderesfelt and Odresfeld.
9. Huddersfield is near the confluence of the River Colne and the River Holme.