1. Indira Gandhi's remains the only woman ever to occupy the office of the Prime Minister of India.
|FactSnippet No. 333,963 - en.wikipedia.org|
2. Indira Gandhi's is almost singularly associated with the period of Emergency rule and the dark period in Indian Democracy that it entailed.
|FactSnippet No. 333,962 - en.wikipedia.org|
11. Indira Gandhi gave verbal authorisation of this test, and preparations were made in a long-constructed army base, the Indian Army Pokhran Test Range.
|FactSnippet No. 333,952 - en.wikipedia.org|
13. Indira Gandhi contributed and further carried out the vision of Jawaharlal Nehru, former Premier of India to develop the program.
|FactSnippet No. 333,950 - en.wikipedia.org|
14. Indira Gandhi ordered the Indian Army to launch massive retaliatory strikes in response.
|FactSnippet No. 333,949 - en.wikipedia.org|
17. In 1967, Indira Gandhi made a constitutional amendment that guaranteed the de facto use of both Hindi and English as official languages.
|FactSnippet No. 333,946 - en.wikipedia.org|
20. In 1975, Indira Gandhi declared the state of Jammu and Kashmir as a constituent unit of India.
|FactSnippet No. 333,942 - en.wikipedia.org|
22. In 1966, Indira Gandhi accepted the demands of the Akalis to reorganize Punjab on linguistic lines.
|FactSnippet No. 333,940 - en.wikipedia.org|
28. Indira Gandhi met President Ronald Reagan in 1981 for the first time at the North–South Summit held to discuss global poverty.
|FactSnippet No. 333,931 - en.wikipedia.org|
32. Indira Gandhi firmly tied Indian anti-imperialist interests in Africa to those of the Soviet Union.
|FactSnippet No. 333,925 - en.wikipedia.org|
34. Indira Gandhi began negotiations with the Kenyan government to establish the Africa-India Development Cooperation.
|FactSnippet No. 333,923 - en.wikipedia.org|
42. Indira Gandhi's was hailed as Goddess Durga by opposition leader Atal Bihari Vajpayee at that time.
|FactSnippet No. 333,910 - en.wikipedia.org|
45. Indira Gandhi tried to return to England through Portugal but was left stranded for nearly two months.
|FactSnippet No. 333,906 - en.wikipedia.org|
50. Indira Gandhi's was the only child, and grew up with her mother, Kamala Nehru, at the Anand Bhavan; a large family estate in Allahabad.
|FactSnippet No. 333,899 - en.wikipedia.org|
52. Indira Gandhi was born as Indira Nehru in a Kashmiri Pandit family on 19 November 1917 in Allahabad.
|FactSnippet No. 333,898 - en.wikipedia.org|
53. In 1999, Indira Gandhi was named "Woman of the Millennium" in an online poll organised by the BBC.
|FactSnippet No. 333,897 - en.wikipedia.org|
54. Indira Gandhi's went to war with Pakistan in support of the independence movement and war of independence in East Pakistan, which resulted in an Indian victory and the creation of Bangladesh, as well as increasing India's influence to the point where it became the regional hegemon of South Asia.
|FactSnippet No. 333,896 - en.wikipedia.org|
55. Indira Gandhi's was elected President of the Indian National Congress in 1959.
|FactSnippet No. 333,895 - en.wikipedia.org|
58. Indira Gandhi was the daughter of Jawaharlal Nehru, the first prime minister of India.
|FactSnippet No. 333,892 - en.wikipedia.org|