Pointe-Claire is a Quebec local municipality within the Urban agglomeration of Montreal on the Island of Montreal in Canada.
|FactSnippet No. 1,289,262|
Pointe-Claire was first described by Nicolas Perrot in his account of 1669, and the name Pointe-Claire appeared on a map as early as 1686.
|FactSnippet No. 1,289,263|
Urbanization of the territory of Pointe-Claire began in the 1600s, when the Sulpicians were lords of the island of Montreal.
|FactSnippet No. 1,289,264|
Pointe-Claire used his influence with the Canadian Pacific Railway to have a station added to the line at the end of Cedar Avenue, which he paved from there down to Lakeshore Road.
|FactSnippet No. 1,289,265|
In 1955, the City of Pointe-Claire annexed large portions of the Parish Municipality of Saint-Joachim-de-la-Pointe-Claire .
|FactSnippet No. 1,289,266|
In 1958, a new City Hall was built and Pointe-Claire changed status from Ville to Cite, but in 1967, this was reverted.
|FactSnippet No. 1,289,267|
Pointe-Claire is bounded on the north by Dollard-des-Ormeaux, on the east by Dorval, on the south by Lac Saint-Louis, and on the west by Kirkland and Beaconsfield.
|FactSnippet No. 1,289,268|
Provincially, Pointe-Claire is in the Jacques-Cartier electoral district, along with Baie-D'Urfe, Beaconsfield, Sainte-Anne-de-Bellevue, and Senneville.
|FactSnippet No. 1,289,270|
Pointe-Claire in turn sends a representative to the 29-member agglomeration council.
|FactSnippet No. 1,289,271|
Pointe-Claire is served by three stations on Exo's Vaudreuil–Hudson line: Pointe-Claire station located at Donegani Avenue and Ashgrove Avenue, Valois station located at Avenue De-la-Baie-de-Valois and Donegani Avenue, and Cedar Park station located on Donegani Avenue between Applebee Avenue and Aurora Avenue.
|FactSnippet No. 1,289,272|