1. Rex Tillerson recused himself from TransCanada's application for a presidential permit for the proposed Keystone XL pipeline.
|FactSnippet No. 785,276 - en.wikipedia.org|
2. Rex Tillerson was recommended for the role by former Secretary of State Condoleeza Rice and former Secretary of Defense Robert Gates.
|FactSnippet No. 770,472|
6. Rex Tillerson was sworn in on the same day by Vice President Mike Pence.
|FactSnippet No. 770,464 - en.wikipedia.org|
8. Rex Tillerson owns two ranches in Texas, where his wife, Renda, raises cutting horses.
|FactSnippet No. 770,462 - en.wikipedia.org|
10. Rex Tillerson has two sisters, Rae Ann Hamilton, a physician who resides in Abilene, Texas, and Jo Lynn Peters, a high school educator.
|FactSnippet No. 770,460 - en.wikipedia.org|
11. Rex Tillerson has previously been the director of the joint United States-Russia oil company Exxon Neftegas.
|FactSnippet No. 770,457 - en.wikipedia.org|
17. Rex Tillerson gave the commencement address at the Virginia Military Institute in Lexington, Va.
|FactSnippet No. 188,755|
35. Rex Tillerson supported a proposed White House budget that cut funding for his department by 30 percent, which would have impacted both diplomacy and foreign aid.
|FactSnippet No. 188,700|
39. Rex Tillerson was inducted into the Texas Business Hall of Fame in 2013.
|FactSnippet No. 188,693|
44. In 2017, Rex Tillerson said that Russia's annexation of Crimea was illegal.
|FactSnippet No. 188,683 - en.wikipedia.org|
45. In 2014, Rex Tillerson expressed opposition to the sanctions against Russia in response to the annexation of Crimea at an Exxon shareholder meeting.
|FactSnippet No. 188,682 - en.wikipedia.org|
46. On March 13, 2018, Rex Tillerson commented on the nerve gas poisoning in the United Kingdom of a former Russian spy and his daughter, calling it a "really egregious act" that clearly "came from Russia".
|FactSnippet No. 188,681 - en.wikipedia.org|
47. Rex Tillerson has made a concerted effort to respond to the State Department's backlog of Freedom of Information Act requests that reach into Secretary Hillary Clinton's tenure, assigning midlevel diplomats from every bureau to perform document review aside unpaid interns.
|FactSnippet No. 188,680 - en.wikipedia.org|
56. In June 2017, Rex Tillerson told graduates of the Rangel and the Pickering Foreign Affairs Fellowships that their offers to join the United States Foreign Service were rescinded and that they needed to repay the $85,000 scholarships or agree to work in temporary positions.
|FactSnippet No. 188,670 - en.wikipedia.org|
57. In May 2017, Rex Tillerson joined Trump on the President's first overseas trip, with the first destination being Saudi Arabia.
|FactSnippet No. 188,668 - en.wikipedia.org|
60. Rex Tillerson remarked that diplomatic efforts in the past 20 years to stop North Korea's nuclear development had "failed".
|FactSnippet No. 188,663 - en.wikipedia.org|
63. Rex Tillerson was first recommended to then-President-elect Trump for the Secretary of State role by former Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice, during her meeting with Trump in late November 2016.
|FactSnippet No. 188,658 - en.wikipedia.org|
73. Rex Tillerson led Sechin on a tour of New York City, dining on caviar with him and Putin at the Per Se restaurant.
|FactSnippet No. 188,646 - en.wikipedia.org|
74. Rex Tillerson was responsible for the development of a partnership between Exxon and state-owned oil company Rosneft and the ultimately unsuccessful attempt to acquire a stake in Yukos, owned by Mikhail Khodorkovsky, before the firm was nationalized after Khodorkovsky's arrest.
|FactSnippet No. 188,644 - en.wikipedia.org|