1. Ted Cruz blasted Democrats for questioning the nominee's personal religious views.
|FactSnippet No. 840,720|
9. Ted Cruz joined the group, and he and his fellow Constitutional Corroborators gave speeches around Texas on related issues.
|FactSnippet No. 769,787|
10. Ted Cruz thinks the United Nations is trying to eliminate golf.
|FactSnippet No. 769,784|
11. In 1996, Ted Cruz served as a law clerk to William Rehnquist.
|FactSnippet No. 769,783|
12. Ted Cruz was a law clerk for a chief justice of the Supreme Court.
|FactSnippet No. 769,782|
13. Ted Cruz has argued nine cases in front of the US Supreme Court.
|FactSnippet No. 769,781|
14. Ted Cruz argued cases in front of the US Supreme Court.
|FactSnippet No. 769,780|
15. Ted Cruz set a few records as Texas solicitor general.
|FactSnippet No. 769,779|
18. Ted Cruz is a critic of the rapprochement between Communist Cuba and the United States, saying on Fox News in December 2014 that the thaw in relations was a "manifestation of the failures of the Obama-Clinton-Kerry foreign policy" that "will be remembered as a tragic mistake".
|FactSnippet No. 769,770 - en.wikipedia.org|
20. Ted Cruz said that the words "growth and opportunity" should be tattooed on the hands of every Republican politician.
|FactSnippet No. 769,768 - en.wikipedia.org|
21. Ted Cruz is one of the Senate Republicans in favor of the "nuclear option", "to speed up consideration of President Trump's nominees".
|FactSnippet No. 769,766 - en.wikipedia.org|
22. Ted Cruz called fellow Republicans out as "squishes" on gun-control issues during a Tea Party rally.
|FactSnippet No. 769,765 - en.wikipedia.org|
24. In June 2016, Ted Cruz blamed the Obama administration for the 2016 Orlando nightclub shooting, reasoning that it did not track the perpetrator Omar Mateen properly while he was on the terrorist watchlist.
|FactSnippet No. 769,763 - en.wikipedia.org|
25. Ted Cruz was a finalist for Time magazine's "Person of the Year" in 2013.
|FactSnippet No. 769,761 - en.wikipedia.org|
26. Ted Cruz gave a 21-hour Senate speech in an effort to hold up a federal budget bill and thereby defund the Affordable Care Act.
|FactSnippet No. 769,760 - en.wikipedia.org|
29. Ted Cruz won the runoff for the Republican nomination by a 14-point margin over Dewhurst, support for Dewhurst having plummeted while Cruz's vote total dramatically increased from the first round.
|FactSnippet No. 769,757 - en.wikipedia.org|
30. At the firm, Ted Cruz worked on matters relating to the National Rifle Association and helped prepare testimony for the impeachment proceedings against President Bill Clinton.
|FactSnippet No. 769,755 - en.wikipedia.org|
31. Ted Cruz attended two private high schools: Faith West Academy, near Katy, Texas; and Second Baptist High School in Houston, from which he graduated as valedictorian in 1988.
|FactSnippet No. 769,754 - en.wikipedia.org|
34. Ted Cruz is the first Hispanic American to serve as a US Senator from Texas.
|FactSnippet No. 769,749 - en.wikipedia.org|
35. Ted Cruz was the longest-serving solicitor general in Texas history and the first Hispanic American to serve in that capacity.
|FactSnippet No. 769,747 - en.wikipedia.org|
41. Ted Cruz smiles for camera with Beto O'Rourke one week after midterm election fight.
|FactSnippet No. 103,773|
42. Ted Cruz were captured meeting for the first time since Election Day at a Houston airport.
|FactSnippet No. 103,771|
48. Ted Cruz secured a second six-year term Tuesday, helping statewide Republicans.
|FactSnippet No. 76,966|
49. Ted Cruz was right all along, "There are more conservatives than liberals in Texas.
|FactSnippet No. 76,965|
50. Ted Cruz holds on to his Texas senate seat, amid strong challenge.
|FactSnippet No. 70,348|
55. Ted Cruz projected to win despite excitement over Beto O'Rourke.
|FactSnippet No. 59,075|
58. Ted Cruz narrowly fends off Beto O'Rourke as Texans deliver verdict on Trump, border and economy.
|FactSnippet No. 59,066|
61. Ted Cruz has joked, "I'm Cuban, Irish, and Italian, and yet somehow I ended up Southern Baptist.
|FactSnippet No. 48,111 - en.wikipedia.org|
63. Ted Cruz has called for the repeal of the clause of the 14th amendment, which grants citizenship to those born in the United States.
|FactSnippet No. 48,109 - en.wikipedia.org|
66. Ted Cruz has been an adamant opponent of the Joint Comprehensive Plan of Action, a 2015 international nuclear agreement with Iran negotiated by the US and other world powers, calling it "catastrophic" and "disastrous".
|FactSnippet No. 48,106 - en.wikipedia.org|
68. Ted Cruz is a supporter of TransCanada's Keystone XL Pipeline, and along with every other Republican senator was a cosponsor of legislation in support of the pipeline.
|FactSnippet No. 48,104 - en.wikipedia.org|
71. Ted Cruz voted against the bill because it neglected "to reduce a substantial backlog of projects, to the detriment of projects with national implications, such as the Sabine–Neches Waterway".
|FactSnippet No. 48,101 - en.wikipedia.org|
72. Ted Cruz voted against the Water Resources Development Act of 2013 that would have created the National Endowment for the Oceans and authorized more than $26 billion in projects to be built by the Army Corps of Engineers, at least $16 billion of which would have come from federal taxpayers.
|FactSnippet No. 48,100 - en.wikipedia.org|
74. In a 2014 opinion editorial in USA Today, Ted Cruz wrote that auditing the Federal Reserve System was a top Republican priority in 2015 and that he supported legislation that would allow the Government Accountability Office to evaluate the Federal Reserve's monetary policy.
|FactSnippet No. 48,097 - en.wikipedia.org|
78. Ted Cruz has been described by the Cato Institute's Center for Trade Policy Studies as a "free trader" and as a "free-trade advocate" by The Wall Street Journal.
|FactSnippet No. 48,093 - en.wikipedia.org|
79. Ted Cruz has referred to Medellin as the most important case of his tenure as Texas solicitor general.
|FactSnippet No. 48,092 - en.wikipedia.org|
80. Ted Cruz said that the Obama-era implementation of the principle of net neutrality had the "end result" of "less broadband, less innovation, and less freedom for the American consumer".
|FactSnippet No. 48,090 - en.wikipedia.org|
81. Ted Cruz has argued that net neutrality is the "Obamacare for the internet".
|FactSnippet No. 48,089 - en.wikipedia.org|
83. Ted Cruz is a strong critic of the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act.
|FactSnippet No. 48,087 - en.wikipedia.org|
86. Ted Cruz won 36 of the possible 42 delegates available in Wisconsin.
|FactSnippet No. 48,083 - en.wikipedia.org|
88. Ted Cruz won his widest margin up to that point in Kansas, where he beat frontrunner Donald Trump by 25 points.
|FactSnippet No. 48,081 - en.wikipedia.org|
90. In the Texas primary, Ted Cruz received the most votes in all but six of the state's 254 counties.
|FactSnippet No. 48,079 - en.wikipedia.org|
92. In his speech, Ted Cruz mentioned that Latinos, young people and single mothers are the people most affected by the recession, and that the Republican Party should make outreach efforts to these constituents.
|FactSnippet No. 48,077 - en.wikipedia.org|
93. Ted Cruz is one of the Senate Republicans arguing in favor of the "nuclear option", "to speed up consideration of President Trump's nominees".
|FactSnippet No. 48,075 - en.wikipedia.org|
96. In April 2018, Ted Cruz wrote the blurb for President Trump's entry on the Time 100 most influential people of 2017, writing that "President Trump is doing what he was elected to do: disrupt the status quo.
|FactSnippet No. 48,072 - en.wikipedia.org|
97. In the same speech, Ted Cruz invoked the speeches of the ancient Roman senator Cicero against Catiline to denounce Obama's planned executive actions on immigration reform.
|FactSnippet No. 48,071 - en.wikipedia.org|
98. Ted Cruz thanked senators from both political parties for "swiftly passing this legislation and sending it to the White House".
|FactSnippet No. 48,070 - en.wikipedia.org|
100. Ted Cruz gave a 21-hour Senate speech in an effort to hold up a federal budget bill and therefore defund the Affordable Care Act.
|FactSnippet No. 48,066 - en.wikipedia.org|