1. Ted Turner said he joined the K-9 division after spending some time assisting officers as a decoy for canine training exercises.
|FactSnippet No. 959,178|
3. Ted Turner is America's second-largest individual landowner, with roughly 2 million acres, including ranches in Argentina.
|FactSnippet No. 954,588|
4. Ted Turner owned 17,000 head of bison on three ranches, was a major supplier of the North American Bison Cooperative, and sold $6 million to the federal government to feed poor Native American families.
|FactSnippet No. 731,757|
7. In 1992 Ted Turner established two more cable and satellite channels: the Airport Channel, which offered flight information at US airports, and the Cartoon Network, which was supported by his recently purchased cartoon library.
|FactSnippet No. 731,745|
10. Ted Turner starts out by talking about his early career in television broadcasting, when he created Superstation TBS and CNN.
|FactSnippet No. 731,732|
17. In 1997, Ted Turner announced he would give $1 billion to United Nations programs; he has underwritten a number of other programs devoted to international understanding and peace and the environment.
|FactSnippet No. 731,714|
19. Ted Turner expanded his sports franchise when he founded the Atlanta Thrashers, a National Hockey League expansion team that began play in 1999.
|FactSnippet No. 731,712|
22. Ted Turner made his first large sports purchase in 1976, buying the Atlanta Braves baseball team.
|FactSnippet No. 731,703|
28. Ted Turner wanted to attend the United States Naval Academy, but his father demanded that he attend Harvard.
|FactSnippet No. 731,686|
32. Ted Turner was one of the largest landowners in the United States, and many of his ranches were involved in sustainability and ecotourism.
|FactSnippet No. 731,364|
33. In 1970 Ted Turner purchased a financially troubled UHF television station in Atlanta, and within three years he made it one of the few truly profitable independent stations in the United States.
|FactSnippet No. 731,362|
34. In 1995, Ted Turner agreed to sell Ted Turner Broadcasting to Time Warner for $7.5 billion.
|FactSnippet No. 731,358|
42. Ted Turner had built a media empire and virtually invented the idea of a twenty four hour news network with CNN.
|FactSnippet No. 731,345|
43. Ted Turner endorsed Democratic candidate Hillary Clinton in the run-up for the 2016 US presidential election.
|FactSnippet No. 731,344 - en.wikipedia.org|
49. Ted Turner appealed to Commissioner of Baseball Bowie Kuhn, and showed up to manage the Braves when they returned home.
|FactSnippet No. 503,192 - en.wikipedia.org|
50. Ted Turner has had a long-running grudge with fellow cable magnate Rupert Murdoch for years.
|FactSnippet No. 503,191 - en.wikipedia.org|
51. Ted Turner resigned as Time Warner vice chairman in 2003 and then from the board of directors in 2006.
|FactSnippet No. 503,190 - en.wikipedia.org|
54. Ted Turner was the largest private landowner in the United States until John C Malone surpassed him in 2011.
|FactSnippet No. 503,178 - en.wikipedia.org|
55. Ted Turner helped revive interest in professional wrestling by buying World Championship Wrestling.
|FactSnippet No. 503,177 - en.wikipedia.org|
56. Ted Turner turned the Atlanta Braves baseball team into a nationally popular franchise and launched the charitable Goodwill Games.
|FactSnippet No. 503,176 - en.wikipedia.org|