1. The Bahamas became a British crown colony in 1718, when the British clamped down on piracy.
|FactSnippet No. 197,704 - en.wikipedia.org|
5. The Bahamas is part of the Lucayan Archipelago, which continues into the Turks and Caicos Islands, the Mouchoir Bank, the Silver Bank, and the Navidad Bank.
|FactSnippet No. 197,708 - en.wikipedia.org|
9. The first Africans to arrive to The Bahamas were freed slaves from Bermuda; they arrived with the Eleutheran Adventurers looking for new lives.
|FactSnippet No. 197,712 - en.wikipedia.org|
10. Haitian community in The Bahamas is largely of African descent and numbers about 80,000.
|FactSnippet No. 197,713 - en.wikipedia.org|
11. The best-known folklore and legends in The Bahamas include the lusca and chickcharney creatures of Andros, Pretty Molly on Exuma Bahamas and the Lost City of Atlantis on Bimini Bahamas.
|FactSnippet No. 197,714 - en.wikipedia.org|
14. In 2013, 'Spurs' became the first Premier League club to play an exhibition match in The Bahamas, facing the Jamaica national team.
|FactSnippet No. 197,717 - en.wikipedia.org|