1. Previous Palace of Westminster was the site of a prime-ministerial assassination on 11 May 1812.
5 Facts About Westminster
2. Liberty of Westminster, governed by the Westminster Court of Burgesses, included St Martin in the Fields and several other parishes and places.
3. Westminster had its own quarter sessions, but the Middlesex sessions had jurisdiction.
4. Westminster has shed the abject poverty with the clearance of this slum and with drainage improvement, but there is a typical Central London property distinction within the area which is very acute, epitomised by grandiose 21st-century developments, architectural high-point listed buildings and nearby social housing buildings of the Peabody Trust founded by philanthropist George Peabody.
5. Westminster is an area of central London within the City of Westminster, part of the West End, on the north bank of the River Thames.