1. Nearest airport from Balasore is Biju Patnaik International Airport and Kolkata is a ride of approximately 3 and half hours via road.
9 Facts About Balasore
2. Balasore is known "The city of Land on Sea Shore" or "City of Sand".
3. The rocket launching site at Balasore is situated in a place called Chandipur located on the Bay of Bengal.
4. Balasore has several cinemas playing films in Oriya, Hindi, and English languages.
5. Balasore is connected to all parts of India through trains.
6. Balasore is the main education hub of Northern Odisha with many Engineering Schools and the famous Fakir Mohan University, named after the renowned novelist Fakir Mohan Senapati, who hails from this town of Odisha.
7. Balasore is the main town in the District of Balasore.
8. Balasore is a town in the north of Odisha, which is a state in Eastern India.
9. Balasore is where the famous freedom fighter Jatindranath Mukherjee, known as Bagha Jatin, was injured and died fighting the British.