1. Main north-south street of Buckhead is Peachtree Road, which extends south into the heart of the city as Peachtree Street, Atlanta's main street.
10 Facts About Buckhead
2. Public schools in Buckhead are administered by Atlanta Public Schools.
3. Today, Buckhead has over 50 high-rise buildings, almost one-third of the city's total.
4. Buckhead is the location of a large share of Atlanta's diplomatic missions.
5. Buckhead is a center for healthcare, and is home both to Piedmont Hospital and the private, catastrophic care hospital Shepherd Center which specializes in spinal cord injury and acquired brain injury.
6. Buckhead was originally the central area now called "Buckhead Village".
7. Residential Buckhead, comprised mostly of large single-family homes situated among dense forests and rolling hills, is among the most desirable and wealthiest places in Metro Atlanta.
8. Buckhead is a major commercial and financial center of the Southeast.
9. Buckhead is the third largest commercial center in Atlanta, behind Downtown and Midtown.
10. Buckhead is an affluent uptown commercial and residential district of Atlanta, Georgia, comprising approximately the northernmost fifth of the city.